• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy KL200 vs KL203

I know this is a Old thread but I will defend the KL-200P because it was my first amp purchase and talked SSB skip with it with no complaints from anyone. As a matter of fact just got a compliment on my radio using that amp a couple weeks ago. It cost more than the KL-203P so I thought it might be a little better quality but I'm no expert either. Just my H O.

Reactions: Overtimeman and bam
I getting ready to install a President Bill 2 paired with with the KL 200.Also going with the Stryker SR-A10 antenna.Would it be better to go with two watts dead key to keep the KL200 from overheating and shortening it's life.Did see one YouTube video where one user turned his PL down to 75 and AL level down 60 in the secret menu and it sounded great.Any experienced advice anyone want to share with this setup?TIA!

Oh wow, that's crappy. A friend has one, and he sent me a schematic, it showed SD1446's, but it was not in the box with his amp, it was something he downloaded online. I was wondering why only 100W output, a pair of SD1446's good for 150W or more and will take more than 4W drive (in a pair).
Old thread but the KL200p has one 1446 final not two. This was for the older red case versions. I would assume the newer blue ones are the same but they might be using the HG 1446 final now.

Overtimeman, 1-2 watt dead key with 10-15 watts peak AM input should work fine for your amp. Here is a nice article on the KL203 and KL203p, pretty much everything will apply to the KL200p as well. Good luck.

I know current 503 and 203's all use mosfets these days. Gone are the days of the 1446 pills.
The rm amps do work well as I was just had this conversation yesterday. I've used a few without problems and know of others here using them with problems. It seems operator error MOST of the time that we hear of failures. Jmo for what it's worth.

Reactions: Overtimeman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.