• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy KLV-1000/P

1990-1991 NAS Millington.

Would you happen to remember the Plate Voltages on these 1000P 4 tubers?

I can't swear to it but 790 VDC seems to ring a bell.
I went through Glakes "E" branch in 1974. They told us that tubes were not going to be included in the curriculum in the up coming classes after April 5, 1974. I guess the fleet got tired of replacing Simpson 260's and the PSM4 meters. Those meters took their toll on transistors as well with the low input impedance.

I can't swear to it but 790 VDC seems to ring a bell.
Thanks, I'll plug it in, warm it up and throw it into Operate with a meter attached...

I went through Glakes "E" branch in 1974. They told us that tubes were not going to be included in the curriculum in the up coming classes after April 5, 1974. I guess the fleet got tired of replacing Simpson 260's and the PSM4 meters. Those meters took their toll on transistors as well with the low input impedance.

We learned CRTs. Hell, I worked on A-6E Intruders, they had 2 CRTs, but no other tube components...

I relearned tubes to build my own tube guitar amps...

Hello to all, I’m wondering if one of these KLV1000/P amplifiers will operate on the HF Bands. I’ve found one on EBay for a good price but if it won’t work low bands I don’t want it. Any information would be appreciated greatly. 73’s form KB9YHE

So, I just got a RM Italy KLV-1000/P in trade for an old Palomar Skipper 300A. I made that trade to a Local AM guy... I'm mainly a Sidebander anymore...

This is the 4 tube "High Drive" version.

I FINALLY found an Operators Manual for it that states the MAX drive is 120W for a 600-1400W output in Sideband...

I figure if I am looking for a max of 400-500 Watts out, I could make it cruise and last long time.

Has anyone every ran one of these amplifiers and have any thoughts on them? I like to run clean (with Audio), and not splatter.

Thanks for any input
Yes have owned low and high version been looking for the 4.1 version schematic to repair fanissue however the main issue for me is that it bleeds transmission to neighbors computer head phones mostly so if it can be narrow banded its great if not low pass filter is must.but it will make power.

Yes have owned low and high version been looking for the 4.1 version schematic to repair fanissue however the main issue for me is that it bleeds transmission to neighbors computer head phones mostly so if it can be narrow banded its great if not low pass filter is must.but it will make power.

I am currently looking for some that would be willing to work on my klv1000p has fan relay issue and relay chatter.blows fuse on main. I believe its related to a bad fan relay.
Contact Me at 513-834-2184 or text dont always answer random number thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated