• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Italy KM-203P vs KM-200P. Differences?

Two questions . . . .

Not trying to be a smart ass.

Question - if the 200 is garbage why make both models?

And

At least on amazon, the 200 sells for more than the 203.

Why?

because people buy them,
the kl200 uses a real rf transistor in class C and only likes about 5w max input so ok for a 4w fm cb,
the kl203 uses cheap switching fets, its cheaper it sounds better on am or ssb and makes a bit more output, 10w max input won't destroy it like it will a kl200, kl203 is a much better choice for anything but a 4w fm cb.

Not trying to be a smart ass.

Question - if the 200 is garbage why make both models?

And

At least on amazon, the 200 sells for more than the 203.

Why?

Thought I'd ask about this amp as i've seen a few of them f/s....

All I could find was the 203 was good for 10-15 meters and the 200 is a 10-11 only amp....

So the 200 is a class C splatter box eh? Alright...

Now 2 questions to ask...

1. What's the current street value of a 203?

2. I've heard a few say RM Italy amps are junk...any truth to this....?

Well I'm glad to have read this. I was recently watching a few RM Italy K200/203's on eBay. One was a 200 with a buy it now for $70 free shipping. it didn't sit long. Another one was a 203 that went for $81 plus $14 shipping....both were used, looks like I could buy new for the same price?

Last edited:
The RM amplifiers are low priced light duty low drive throw away amplifiers. For the money they are not bad. Usually H & Y electronics has them at a decent price.

Are H&Y good to deal with?

Not really. If you have an issue they will resist helping you. Same blood owns Coppers. Crappy customer service is a shared trait between the two.

DNJRADIO.COM is a bonafied RM Italy dealer. They have good customer service. The owner is a non snooty HAM.

He sells from his site, eBay and Amazon as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.