1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

RM ITALY Station 550 Linear Amp, Any body familiar?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by hammer0630, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Zman

Zman K9FON

From what i hear they SUCK on SSB......

2. 2RT307

2RT307 Sr. Member

The "V" designates a valve model. We call 'em tubes. :)

RT307

3. 2RT307

2RT307 Sr. Member

Probably a box of s**t. :laugh: I actually know some hamsters that use these things on HF, and they have no complaints.

RT307

Shadow 804 likes this.
  4. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

Well, I talked to the guy for a few minutes on SSB and it sounded okay. I finally asked him how much he wanted for it. I coughed a little and felt my ass pucker when he said $450.

He said that's what he paid for it used over a year ago. I told him that he paid to much for it. He got a little bent, but I told him that I will pass.

5. 2RT307

2RT307 Sr. Member

I am thinking H and Y was blowing these out recently for less than 400. Probably good to pass on a used one at that price.

RT307

6. TonyV225

TonyV225 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I just put my KLV / STATION 550 back to gether Tuesday. Yesterday it needed the 6 position power selector switch replaced.

Never did get the preamp working even changed both the keying type transistors in the circuit and still no preamp but the thing works good as new. Funny thing is I used it on SSB and nobody complained and the said as far as scratchy SSB it was ok so who knows. Its been sitting in the closet so I came across it lastweek and brpught it out and ptdered the parts and the came as I said yesterda or Tuesday so I go her back together now ran it all day and will let it idle tonight and run it today again so I know all is good to go if I post it to sell it which is why I repaired it for yhe most part.

7. Shadow 804

Shadow 804 Member

I recently came across one of these for sale. Can any one here tell me the finals in this box ?? I've been trying to look this up but no luck on my search .
    Thanks !!

- 8 ZERO 4 - .

8. ExitThirteen

ExitThirteen Grumpy and Cranky

They run a pair of 2SD1407's. They are rated 125W @28V apiece.

~Cheers~

9. IMD262

IMD262 Well-Known Member

There have been several versions of these amplifiers using different transistors.

10. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

No, not "Two Ess Dee".

That would be a jap-standard type number, like Toshiba would use.

But the "SD1407" is a type number used by "ST Micro", major european semiconductor manufacturer.

If the part were marked "D1407" you might find that the "2S" goes in front of it to form the full type number.

But in this case "SD1407" is the entire type number. And that's how a supplier will list it.

Besides, if it were a RF transistor it would be "2SC". The letter "D" instead of "C" would indicate a lower-frequency part, not meant for RF.

11. ExitThirteen

ExitThirteen Grumpy and Cranky

Oops, my bad on that. Had Toshiba transistors on the brain when I looked at the spare SD1407 I had in stock.

~Cheers~