• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM KL203-P

KL203-P high low mods

Votes: 5 83.3%

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Here is the pot. Copied from another post
Cobra 18 WX ST II (don’t laugh)
magnifier_20200226_224906.png

ShadetreeMechanic posted this earlier.

Here is the pot. Copied from another post
Cobra 18 WX ST II (don’t laugh)
View attachment 34717
ShadetreeMechanic posted this earlier.

Thinking simple 980 and my 203 for NC shed. Keep it simple and cheap. Just setup and bolt to a shelf and go. Easy enough for a battery box and 100w solar panel and cheap 10am controller.

I rather leave $120 radio then a $250 10/11 m radio down there.

Just a reminder that the thread is about the -p version
RM ITALY KL-203.

RM ITALY KL203p (with pre-amplifier circuit)
Three button faceplate
4EA6145A-FF89-454C-B859-025D913E904C.jpeg

KL203 is a two button faceplate.
Innards differ
E2D10953-F771-416E-AA79-D8634900948D.png

Price is similar. I usually see the -p version $15 higher

Reactions: undertaker
When the P breaks and renders the amp useless, one would wish for the non P version. Especially as useless as the P function is.

Not quite. With a DSP speaker, extra noise may be present, but yet fainter signals can be distilled (is my experience while mobile).

That said, I wouldn’t go out of my way for the -p version. Not when it might be $75 plus shipping and it’s still possible to buy (2) non-p versions for $105 shipped.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hello. All new to the forum. Can anyone advise on why the Kl203p is suddenly chattering non stop super fast when mic is keyed up on lsb? I does not matter if mic gain is all the way down . It does not matter if mic gain is up and i speak . The relay just chatters super fast & constant . Its not as bad on Usb. , And seems to operate normally on AM . It seems odd to me that it only seems to chatter fast /malfunction terribly on Lsb? I have had this set up in my vehicle and used it for nearly 2 years operating perfect until last week. Its used with Galaxy dx 959 and Wilson 1000. The radio output watts are variable on this unit, and the knob is turned counter clock wise outputting about 2 watts into the Kl203p . All 3 items i bought new and never have opened up, or modified any of them in any way. The swr is always hovering around 1.5 - 2.0 range. I do understand this is not the beat or ideal. However its been this way from day 1. I rarely use this set up and it has very low use on it. I tried many things to lower swr. I tried swapping antennas, swapping coax, adding ground points etc. but it never got as low as i wanted. With all of this being said if anyone could advise me on how to correct this fast chattering on sideband it would be greatly will be greatly appreciated. I'm considering buying a brand new kl203p , or the kl203 but i would rather not re purchase until necessary. I dont even know of a cb repair place in my area anylonger as most are long gone.
*Thank you kindly*

Reactions: Slowmover
Hello. All new to the forum. Can anyone advise on why the Kl203p is suddenly chattering non stop super fast when mic is keyed up on lsb? I does not matter if mic gain is all the way down . It does not matter if mic gain is up and i speak . The relay just chatters super fast & constant . Its not as bad on Usb. , And seems to operate normally on AM . It seems odd to me that it only seems to chatter fast /malfunction terribly on Lsb? I have had this set up in my vehicle and used it for nearly 2 years operating perfect until last week. Its used with Galaxy dx 959 and Wilson 1000. The radio output watts are variable on this unit, and the knob is turned counter clock wise outputting about 2 watts into the Kl203p . All 3 items i bought new and never have opened up, or modified any of them in any way. The swr is always hovering around 1.5 - 2.0 range. I do understand this is not the beat or ideal. However its been this way from day 1. I rarely use this set up and it has very low use on it. I tried many things to lower swr. I tried swapping antennas, swapping coax, adding ground points etc. but it never got as low as i wanted. With all of this being said if anyone could advise me on how to correct this fast chattering on sideband it would be greatly will be greatly appreciated. I'm considering buying a brand new kl203p , or the kl203 but i would rather not re purchase until necessary. I dont even know of a cb repair place in my area anylonger as most are long gone.
*Thank you kindly*
Joe, check your voltage to the unit. If you are running both the 959 and the 203 off of same power supply there may not be enough juice. I run a separate designated supply for my Palomar. If you are running both mobile, then take a look at wiring, or how you have it wired. Possibly, need to install 8 gauge directly to the battery with sufficient fuse at the battery, I would run a separate run for each. Grounding is very important. I ground back at the battery and close to the units, say at the seat lugs. I have gone even as far to ground the external enclosures to the seat lug. The cab should be bonded to the frame also. Hope that helps. But I think you are experiencing insufficient power to the radio and linear.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.