• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RMS OR PEAK-which is the correct one

fuzzr

Feb 16, 2012
North Florida
I have been told that most external watt meters read peak watts, so am I too assume that if my Dosy meter is showing a reading of say 300 watts I am actually transmitting 150 watts?? This I don't understand.

how does it switch between RMS and PEP ? theres no switch for it .

i don't worry about RMS/average power . i only do voice transmission and a modulated signal needs pep on AM and SSB .

how does it switch between RMS and PEP ? theres no switch for it .

i don't worry about RMS/average power . i only do voice transmission and a modulated signal needs pep on AM and SSB .

You don't worry about average power? When my dead key is turned up way too high I can make a Dosy meter swing forward quite a bit even though my signal strength is backing up. Worry about average power.
I heard you wrote your Congressman to make using a Class C amps a B felony. :laugh:

You don't worry about average power? When my dead key is turned up way too high I can make a Dosy meter swing forward quite a bit even though my signal strength is backing up. Worry about average power.
I heard you wrote your Congressman to make using a Class C amps a B felony. :laugh:

then i'd suggest not turning your dead key up way too high . the pills are rated at PEP by the manufacturers .............

no felony , just a misdemeanor (y)
we wouldn't want you getting butt plugged by a bunch of Mexicans ....... would we ? :wub: :eek::oops::whistle:

then i'd suggest not turning your dead key up way too high . the pills are rated at PEP by the manufacturers .............

no felony , just a misdemeanor (y)
we wouldn't want you getting butt plugged by a bunch of Mexicans ....... would we ? :wub: :eek::oops::whistle:

All the taxpayers are being butt humped by illegals and our President wants to speed it up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.