• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Roadstar RS-309 info needed

3pinplug

Jul 23, 2016
Hi all
Anyone have a schematic or service manual on this radio? Doesn’t seem to be a lot of info on these.
Thanks
Mark

The roadstar RS-309 sold here was a 9 channel version (for the south african market, channels 19-27 only) but otherwise identical to the super jaguar. Early to mid 80's sometime. Easy to revert to a 40 channel model by replacing the channel switch which back then could be ordered as a spare part from hatadi.

Cheap way to get a 40 channel ssb back then, couldnt be licensed, so dikk smith sold them for less than the price of an am and the 40 switch could be had for under $15. Add an hour to fit the switch and ya on the air.

If you go to google images and search for "Roadstar RS-309" (with the quotes) the first few pics show one that sold on ebay awhile back.

Loz!

Hi hpssb
Looks exactly the same!! Great find.
If you wouldnt mind posting / mailing acopy of the schematic /service manual that would be very much appreciated, thank you.
Mark

Hi Hpssb
Yes mine is the 9 channel version, interesting about the 40 channel switch i will keep an eye out in case one ever comes up for sale.

Hatadi as a company and the switches they sold as a spare part are long gone. A tech will need to adapt one in. I know a couple that would have no trouble doing it, but if you are not in Oz the postage would be more than the price of the conversion. Post what country you are in and someone might be able to suggest a tech local to you.

I can email the documents or send them to a cyberlocker, pm me with an email address. Posting / mailing a paper copy is not practical, we are at a kalgoorlie wa, a gold mine in the middle of the desert in australia.

Ok will pm you my email address. I am in the UK near London, never heard of one of these before and we have a few cb shops but most wont have parts for this they tend to carry parts for out stand alone 40 fm channels, or sell 10m radios a lot of the dx’ers buy and convert to run on 11m. I will work out the codes (bcd for example) for the channels and then see if anything has a similar 40 ch switch and experiment. Thanks for all your help!

Sent to your email address, let me know here if you get them ok. If google/yahoo/hotmail etc eat them, I'll put them into a cyberlocker for you.

First step in conversions is to find a switch that physically fits the radio. It probably wont match electrically but an eprom or micro can be wired in as a translator so the channel indicated is on the right frequency. Good luck!

Loz!

All received!! They are perfect. Thanks for the suggestion on the eprom, a mate of mine has said he may have a seitch assembly from a scrap rig so i may have something to start with

LOOKING FOR SPARES FOR MY ROADSTAR RS309 OR 40 CHANNEL SSB PEARCE SIMPSON SUPER JAQUAR CB RADIO. ALSO NEED SCHEMATICS DRAWINGS

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.