• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Robyn SB540D 40ch AM/SSB

nite-eagle

LIFE IS TO SHORT FOR QRP!
Apr 4, 2005
WISCONSIN
This is a great forum. The knowledge pool here is second to none. A great place to get questions answered and learn new things about the radio hobby.
Many Thanks go out to everyone involved in running it...

I just bought a VERY nice Robyn SB540D 40ch AM/SSB radio. I am waiting for it to arrive. I heard in ON-AIR and it sounded great. Very smooth clear and loud audio. I was not able to find much information about it on the web. I am not really interested in freq. mods for it, just tune up info. If I like it after I run it for a while I will make it a part of my radio collection.
So!
What do you all think about this radio?

Anyone else out there have or had one?

Any information about it will be greatly apperciated.

Thanks for your input...

73 for now and God Bless, John / Nite-Eagle / CDX409

Robyn SB-540D

Thanks for the replies, I received the radio and am now test driving it. So far after a few days it seems to be working very well. It might just be a keeper to add to my collection. The keypad channel selector is really an unusual feature for a radio this old. On air reports have been very good. Anyway it is fun to use and FUN is what this is all about.
73 to all and God Bless, John The Nite-Eagle CDX409

Hey Night Eagle,

I have 2 Black and Silver......how do you like this rig thus far?

I just got a
Robyn SB540D chrome faced one and love alot .... Did you get the upper channels put in ? I likely will for ssb DX above 40. Strange mic pinout on this one though...

Retro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.