• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

roger beep

rev1970

Oct 23, 2008
R.I.
Has any one ever put one in side a mic i have a hr2600 with a desk mic and want a beep but don't want it in the radio i have room in the mic to put it just need to know if it can be done ???

That is cheap i was just asking because i like the desk mic that i have now and have the roger beep board so i was looking to see if it could be done..

Anything is possible...

I don't know what brand roger beep you have, but most I have seen have 5 wires:

Power
Ground
Audio
Transmit x2

Power & Ground are obvious. Solder the Audio wire of the RB to the Audio wire of the mic cord inside the mic base. The TX portion of the RB goes in series - remove the TX wire inside the mic and solder to one of the TX wires of the RB (refer to instructions for proper wire) then solder the other TX wire of the RB to where you removed the original TX wire. You'll probably go through batteries quickly with the added draw, so you may want to consider adapting a wall wart instead. If you wanted to add an on/off switch place it in series with the Audio wire on the RB module.

thanks i do have a 5 wire and i will try it that way i might try it tonight every one has been telling me it can't be done and i don't see way not your going to tap into the same wire's in side the radio except for the power i think it takes 8.5 but i could be wrong so thanks for the help again ...........REV

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.