• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Routing Coax Through Wall

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
I simply drilled a hole through the brick mortar and inside wall. Sealed the outside with silicone and placed a plastic cover inside. Here's my question. If planning to build a new home or ham shack in back yard, what's a good way to handle this during construction rather than after the fact? Especially if using larger or additional cables. Pics would be great. Thanks!

IMG_0456.JPG IMG_0458.JPG

Original construction has caught up with the times. The several new home construction projects I've been involved with had Cat6, Low voltage High (13.8) & low (5-6V), 50ohm, 75ohm, and multiple 220 throughout.

Additional wiring for solar panels and inverters as well as utility vaults/rooms to maintain all connections and services with servers next to their UPS.

How often do you see 220V run upstairs?

Builders and owners are getting more and more in tune with "what if" ...

Original construction has caught up with the times. The several new home construction projects I've been involved with had Cat6, Low voltage High (13.8) & low (5-6V), 50ohm, 75ohm, and multiple 220 throughout.

Additional wiring for solar panels and inverters as well as utility vaults/rooms to maintain all connections and services with servers next to their UPS.

How often do you see 220V run upstairs?

Builders and owners are getting more and more in tune with "what if" ...

Have even heard of shop air lines being run. Attached enclosed garage with compressor at one end.

Mama was an “artiste”. Studio at far end.

I simply drilled a hole through the brick mortar and inside wall. Sealed the outside with silicone and placed a plastic cover inside. Here's my question. If planning to build a new home or ham shack in back yard, what's a good way to handle this during construction rather than after the fact? Especially if using larger or additional cables. Pics would be great. Thanks!

View attachment 28044 View attachment 28045

This is how I have been able to get many of my satellite installs done on brick homes. Older brick homes and no coax to where TV was going to be. Easy peasy. I could also put a coax feed through grommet into the hole and seal it up with some silicone. A plate with F-connector inside and I was ready to install the satellite box.

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.