• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Royce model 642 deluxe SSB base station for sale or possible trade

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014

This base is retro old school and extremely nice condition with it already being aligned and peaked and tuned to specs from the service manual which you'll get with this awesome unit... It's hard to find a radio in such well cared for condition and you'll get a handmic that is Royce for overall completeness... Everything works as it should on this vintage radio ! Deluxe model 642 by Royce sideband in superb shape up for grabs, so don't let this unit pass ya up as it would make a great addition to your vintage collection or any ssb base with 40 channels to use daily ...

Paypal as gift or postal money order or bank check .... Prefer Paypal. Outright to buy asking $300 which gets you insured tracking priority mail to US residents...

The service manual included in on the manual is an ultimate reproduction of the original which I paid $50 bucks for.

Retro 73's from Hoosier state

Attachments

• PROMO AD 1.jpg
    PROMO AD 1.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 43
  • PROMO AD 2.jpg
    PROMO AD 2.jpg
    890.4 KB · Views: 40
  • PROMO AD 3.jpg
    PROMO AD 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • PROMO AD 4.jpg
    PROMO AD 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

Minigrass whatcha got ? There are a few vintage 40 channel ssb base stations maybe, and on the mobile side wouldn't mind latching onto a Maxlog 8900.

And thanks Grogan...

negatory on the walkies. Old school but not vintage. lol. Grant is all I have @ the time to sell or trade. BUMP for the nostalgic Royce.

drool.gif~c200

wish I could. they should have built more like this, you can never have too many meters.

Well I just sold my 642 Royce but wouldn't mind picking up a model 641 since that one can be modified for extra channels !!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm ! Never came up with real results that would tried and true and trusted ExitThirteen !!!!!!! But you've perked my interest, cos that is why I sold it essentially and it just went out LOL... Can you show me proof ?

Retro 73's

I modified mine with no issues. I get 27.425 - 27.595. Works perfect. Cut the trace from pin 11 of the PLL to the wire that goes to the channel selector. Wire in a SPST switch. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. :)

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.