• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rt1 transistor? Rt2 Rt3 transistors what's next lol. Looking for cheap transistors to build a home brew amplifier. Not no hg2879s

Mar 18, 2018
Basically what I'm wanting to do is build a homebrew linear amplifier for the 11 meter band. I'm looking for some cheap transistors to use. Its been a long time but I have built amplifiers in the past. The first amp I built was with 2 used 1446s and it actually talked real good. The second amplifier I built was a 12 pill all used 1446 and it talked pretty decent. Of course it was no power house but it actually got out good and got my name called. About a year ago I sold my big tube amplifier I had it was a 4cx1000d and I'm not gonna lie I miss it but it was honestly a little too much. The only reason why I sold it was because I come up on some very hard times and needed money real bad. I know it don't take 10,000 watts to talk but it Shure is nice to have some power lol. Anyway I'm looking to build me a amplifier but I want to do it with cheap transistors or cheap tubes. I have never built tube amplifier before but Lord knows I have fixed many of them over the years. If I was to build with a tube I would probably use a gi46b or gs35b or gi7. In the past I had a bm technology dule gi7 amplifier and loved it. I have also owed a wizard built single tube gi46b and like it as well. I would like to build something that would do the wattage of something like the 3cx1500/8877. Any recommendations will be much appreciated

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.