• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RTTY Signal ???

Jaymom

Mar 14, 2011
Ocala, FL.
I enjoy listening/copying PSK31 and when I run across a signal that I can't copy using either MMTTY or Digipan I start experimenting. I've tried both USB and LSB as well as RTTY on MMTTY with zero results. Right now Im listening to a strong signal on 9.028 and can't copy it. Does anyone know what it might be? Is there a web site that I can go to to see the different signals such as this one?

Moderator's...I have posted in the wrong forum. Please transfer this post to the Digital Modes Discussions forum. Thank you.

Harold

Attachments

• unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Most commercial RTTY is encrypted, I doubt if you'd be able to make any sense out of it no matter what program you used to receive it. But, try inverting it, sometimes that helps.
- 'Doc

RTTY

Try multipsk program it has commercial section also for decode most of the time it works, it is free

DOCTOR/795

W5LZ...That what im thinking too. I doubt if I would have much luck anyway.

Doctor... I'm going to see if I can find multipsk right now. I just downloaded JT65-HF. I haven't read the PDF file yet but so far all I have copied is the call sign info of 3 different stations. I'm having fun though. lol

Harold

Using multipsk and the mode of BPSK31 I am able to copy a signal like in the picture I posted above. Not the same station of course but this one just happened to be ARRL.

Multipsk doesn't seem to have plain ole PSK31 though so for that I will use MMTTY.

I just downloaded Ham Radio Deluxe and that is going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks to all,

Harold

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.