• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Running two power supply's parallel.

reddog45

Jun 13, 2011
Will this work? I have two pyramid 50 amp supply's. just curious if they will work in parallel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

45, North Florida

The supplies should have come with some sort of operator's manual to tell you whether you can do this or not. Some Astrons have provision for it, but I'm not aware of Pyramids being able to.

You might contact the company...

So they worked well together Charlie Brown? No voltage drops or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

45, North Florida

If both supplies are of the same make and model and have the same voltage output then you can generally run them in parallel without an issue.Ideally you should have an isolation diode between them but it is not 100% necessary. Do NOT even think about using unregulated supplies in parallel however. Been there, tried that, saw the havoc it created, gave up on it. :D

Ive also ran 2 Pyramid PS52K supplies together without a problem just MAKESURE THE VOLTAGE IS SET THE SAME ON BOTH SUPPLIES. I also have metal lugs (Astron style) on the main supplies negative and positive because of the plastic knobs melting.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.