• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

S-9 from: 26.335.00 - 30.635.00

Mudduckmobile

Oct 5, 2015
S.W. Washington Coast
So this is something that has been gone over so many times, and now it has come to rest at my QTH. I have got S-9 from26.335.00 - 30.635.00 mhz.
I know it's grow lights, I know who it is, I have spoken very nicely to the person who it is and I am just plain F^#$2ed.
They are running some cheap assed LED grow lights. The interference at 25.241.00 (s-4) @ 26.335.00 it's at s-9 up tp 30.635.00 then drops to s-4 at 31.225.00.
The person will not work with me other then to say that if I (me...MDM)buys the "stuff needed to fix the problem".....I (MDM) can come over and fix it.
WTF?
They have 4 things plugged in, and all 4 are nasty noise makers.
Any thoughts?
This is so F....ed. At least it stops at 11 pm. With my ATT off, and my IPO on I can knock it down to S-4.5 to S-5.5.
And pot is all cool here in Washington state, they are doing nothing outside of the law I know of....and I'm not a cop caller anyway.
I wish I could just "zap" there house from the street and kill there LED power supplies so they would have to buy new ones and then just keep it up tell they get good power supplies.

Allow me to relate what is a somewhat different experience.

One of my very reclusive neighbor was actually receptive to my plight.

"I'm not here to abuse or threaten in any way. I am a technological adept individual that happens to own and operate an amateur radio. I didn't need any technology other than this old transistor radio to identify the source of the interference. This isn't about questionable legalities or involving any local state or federal agencies. This is about personal safety and security. If I can identify the source and type of the interference with nothing more than an old AM transistor radio then how long is it before some dangerous criminal element does the same thing? I'm here to help. Can we move forward from here? "

I found a shocked , amazed, cooperative, and possibly terrified individual more than willing to comply.

One variety was easy. AC cord wound through an "E" core.
One was an un-bypassed switcher that needed .1 , .01, and .005, ceramics as well as ferrite.
The last were epoxy potted and hopeless. These were replaced.

This also led to the PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) LED motion sensor spot lights being replaced .

We don't talk other than an occasional hello grocery shopping and such. None of this was done at my expense save for my time.

I resist strenuously any personal monetary outlay on my part. I am not the cause of the interference. I will also refuse any compensation for my services other than being able to listen to my receivers. This is to this point a successful path without exception.

It does help that I am technically adept and have extensive experience with indoor horticulture electrical and electronics. Although I do not currently operate any extensive indoor lighting I have remained close to the bleeding edge of the technology. It seems to be just another tool in the box required to operate.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated