• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

S9 reset

dxing440

Apr 10, 2011
Picked up an s9 from a friend. He had the radio shop turn it back to peak only 35W! (IDK why, stupid right)
He dont know how the shop done it, the guy at shop says he cant remember, needs to see the radio! (We know why, $40 more?)
The AM mod pot is wide open, and the TGM switch doesnt affect it in any way, the switch is still wired.

ANYONE know how, maybe to turn it back up?
Thx

It most likely needs to be totally tuned and aligned again. Might be more than one pot that makes the power adjustment. Like a high power, and low power adjustment pot. Both might have an affect on the power as well as the main adjustment pot. Let a qualified tech with the proper equipment do the work.
If it's just the dual final S9 then actually 35 watts isn't far off from the advertised 50 watts. You won't notice a difference between the 2 power ranges, 35 to 50 watts that is. As long as the radio is working correctly, I wouldn't worry too much about the power being a little low. Better than the radio being maxed out!!! JMO. Now if it's not working right and has other issues, then I would again have it looked at by a qualified tech that has the proper equipment. IDK what the person that messed with it has as far as equipment and knowledge of radios. Anyone can turn a few pots and make some power on a meter. But is it clean and not overmodulated? Again, JMO's.

VR-12 ssb alc- 45 watts
VR-13 am high power set 8-10 watts
VR-11 am low power 1-3 watts
There are two models, one with 1969 finals and one with ERF 2030.
More important than pep is final bias, have someone with the proper equipment set up the radio.

Reactions: 222DBFL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.