• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Safest way to Buy, Sell, or Trade?

Me too, but if some one shows up with a first post and is selling something, I steer clear.

10-4 that. I have been in and out of radio since I was 14 and now 61. I had the pleasure of actually having a legal call sign and been there for the best CB had ever been (the 60s & 70's). I get bored with it when the equipment becomes stale and nothing new is out. Then I get back in it full bore, load up a room with equipment and get back into it ( that's where I am at right now). A few years back, like about 4, I was very active on this forum and remember many of the long timers. I am in seriously now, as a person that was there in the beginning of CB, only others who had been there can understand what it was like back then and how it was a big part of our lives....

10-4 that. I have been in and out of radio since I was 14 and now 61. I had the pleasure of actually having a legal call sign and been there for the best CB had ever been (the 60s & 70's). I get bored with it when the equipment becomes stale and nothing new is out. Then I get back in it full bore, load up a room with equipment and get back into it ( that's where I am at right now). A few years back, like about 4, I was very active on this forum and remember many of the long timers. I am in seriously now, as a person that was there in the beginning of CB, only others who had been there can understand what it was like back then and how it was a big part of our lives....
68 up into the cell phone craze was great in cb.always somebody on the air and friendly.phones came out n cb slid backwards

I don't know why people trash Ebay. I have been buying on Ebay for many years ...over 300 purchases, 100% feedback. Whenever I buy from a seller I haven't dealt with previously, I always check his sales history and feedback. Sellers with thousands of sales and 98%+ feedback aren't scammers. Still, I check their negative feedback history anyway.
I have had problems with a couple of items damaged in shipping, but both sellers either replaced the item or refunded my $$.
I don't sell online. Either face-to face or to someone I know and trust. The real scammers are buyers who get your item, strip it for the parts they want, and claim it was not as advertised. Then return a POS that wasn't what you sold them.

Even though im tech licensed i use 11 meters a LOT. Got cb radios in all of our big trucks n 1 in my house ,use them lots.and at home 37 ,38 lsb i reside.2 uniden bearcat ssb cbs,a galaxy 99V,and a oresident grant esrly version plus several 40 channel am n 23 channel cb radios

I don't know why people trash Ebay. I have been buying on Ebay for many years ...over 300 purchases, 100% feedback. Whenever I buy from a seller I haven't dealt with previously, I always check his sales history and feedback. Sellers with thousands of sales and 98%+ feedback aren't scammers. Still, I check their negative feedback history anyway.
I have had problems with a couple of items damaged in shipping, but both sellers either replaced the item or refunded my $$.
I don't sell online. Either face-to face or to someone I know and trust. The real scammers are buyers who get your item, strip it for the parts they want, and claim it was not as advertised. Then return a POS that wasn't what you sold them.

I am not about to sell clean well taken care of equipment on eBay to become a victim. On the purchase side it's unbelievable what some get for equipment that they don't even clean up before photos. I am in the market for a TS-480HX that one just sold on eBay near $900 and it looked like it came out of a barn and the seller didn't even care to clean the filth off it and claimed it was a base only and never mobile. Man if so he needs to hire a maid. Oh I will find a clean one one way or another, but I don't pay for something I am afraid to touch so I don't get infected coming from a nasty ass environment! When I purchase used equipment I prefer the owner has a mild case of OCD! Hell I do and it works both ways for both selling and buying!!

Last edited:
I am not about to sell clean well taken care of equipment on eBay to become a victim. On the purchase side it's unbelievable what some get for equipment that they don't even clean up before photos. I am in the market for a TS-480HX that one just sold on eBay near $900 and it looked like it came out of a barn and the seller didn't even care to clean the filth off it and claimed it was a base only and never mobile. Man if so he needs to hire a maid. Oh I will find a clean one one way or another, but I don't pay for something I am afraid to touch so I don't get infected coming from a nasty ass environment!
i avoid those bought at an estate sale,no mic ,power cord or accesdirys but its a good radio the owner (dead 25 years ) said so at the auction. But its sold parts only non working. I avoid any missing power cords n mics ,dang sure avoid them with cords cut close to case like it was kipped out of a car in a hurry. Seen 1 listed cord cut against case,pl 259 still on but coax cut against pl 259 n mic cird cut off too.definatly stolen

If your a buyer, use skype, or fb messenger video call! Make the seller show you it works before you buy it!! If you request this, and the seller makes an excuse, Dont buy it.

If your a buyer, use skype, or fb messenger video call! Make the seller show you it works before you buy it!! If you request this, and the seller makes an excuse, Dont buy it.
dont matter where at, if seller wont prove what you ask,run away from it.
Guy near me had a nice looking pickup for sale cheep n was like 3 years old.went n looked at it.he let me start it n said drive around yard but no more its out of gas. As i drove around his yard gas guage moved. I headed up his long drive n gassed on it n it started swerving.
When i parked it where i got it he was mad that i opened it up.i said hey its got something wrong in steering.
He then spoke rather briskly n said not for sale leave.
Another person bought it n didnt get half mile from his house n crashed it.
Lawsuit happened.i got to get in court over that 1. Was 25 years ago and stays fresh in my mind

One neat little auction trick, is if the auto has a bad auto transmission, you can drain the fluid out and and put brake fluid in. This will harden the clutches and work good enough to get it through the auction. It can work for a month even. But it will eventually go bad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.