• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

salting the ground around a antenna

Ground radials are easy to install.

This is the perfect time of the year in the midwest to install them.

1. Cut your grass as low as possible
  2. Stretch the radials out in a bicycle spoke fasion along the ground
  3. Use yard staples to hold the radials as close to the ground as possible. I bought them at Ace Hardware ( DX Engineering sells desovling staples )
  4. Do not cut the grass for as long as you can get away with ( with it being fall, I did not have to cut the grass until the following year ) This let the wire settle in, the snow over the winter held it down and by the following spring when the grass finally started growing, the wire was well packed to the ground.

I have used this method on two things.

First, radials for my antenna

Second, I have an underground fence for my dogs. The directions show laying the wire on the ground with the yard staples as an option. It works.

As a bonus, I did not have to cut the grass for a few weeks while it grows around the wire holding it in place. (y)(y)

I am afraid to ask you about ground beef. :laugh:

MY Australian cattle dog hikes his leg on my tower, how did Pro151 salt your house?

morton-salt-girl-19511.jpg

well salting has done wonders for my setup , and while it may be a old wives tail , i recharge during winter months and during warmer wether i simply just piss on it as piss is full of salts

well salting has done wonders for my setup , and while it may be a old wives tail , i recharge during winter months and during warmer wether i simply just piss on it as piss is full of salts

Recharge what? Maybe I should not have asked that question:confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.