• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sanyo 2sb817 ebay

Also, unit_399, wanted to say I liked your writeup of the 858 rigs. I can't say for sure how many times I have read it but I'm sure my dog has less fleas than that work got looks. Thanks again!

Look at your Collector Current ratings - one is only 12A - 15 A Max
While your TIP36C is rated for a lot more...

Let the numbers speak for themselves...

2SB817...
View attachment 23843

While the TIP36C has this -

View attachment 23844

You actually want the TIP36C for several reasons...

Emitter - Base Voltage - may be lower but that is not much different than what you use now...there is also A SECONDARY relative relationship with that number to the ability to amplify small signal and handle the drive the radio will supply to the section you're putting it in...it "saturates" quicker.

The linearity between both as far as on times and current draw for that - the 2SB817 will win - but only due to the power curve it has over the TIP36C part.

IF you were only using a SINGLE final Bi-polar - the 2SB817 wins, hands-down, due to the linearity and power "on" curve. A Heatsink will be required.

IF you are using MULTI-PART (Hint DUAL) Final MOSFET - YOU NEED THE WATTAGE DISSIPATION CAPABILITY of the TIP36C - the current draw and switching - is handled more effectively at higher current (amp) draw those finals need when they reach peak envelope or required power demand for their Rise times and inrush current. WITHOUT QUESTION - YOU WILL NEED AN ADDITIONAL HEATSINK

Referencing another post by Andy, in a thread not so far away, he lightly explains the usage he would consider for the other final configurations. From his pov, the tip36 outperforms the 2sb817 in every aspect except linearity of on-time power curve when heavy current draw isn't expected. Sure a tip36 will work, and is cheaper per my eval of the market. I use them "almost" exclusively. There will be a time that I will prefer the exception. I'd rather have and not need than to need and not have.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.