• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SARK100 or MFJ-259B

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I know these have been talked about but has anyone on the forum tried one yet?? I am wondering how much difference there is between the MFJ-259B and this Stark100 otherthan the MFJ-259B will do VHF aswell. I have a friend that does commercial towers and he has a few MFJ-259B and offered to sell me one for $160.00 those that have used the MFJ your opinions on the unit and is $160.00 fair as far as price? I know what they go for new but Im looking for honest opinions from those that have one or have used one? Or who have used either one of these.

New Ant SWR Antenna Analyzer Meter for SARK100 Ham Radio Hobbists | eBay

My sark 100 works well up to 50 mhz but over 50.000 the readings get funky .The DDS is spot on frequency and I frequently use it as a sig gen. The big problem is getting one from China that works, like most Chinese products it's hit and miss .Neither the Mfj-259 or the sark 100 are as accurate as a vector analyzer. Me I would go with the used MFJ just for the extra frequency coverage.

Reactions: 1 person
Until just a few hours ago I never heard of a 'Sark 100' before. So, having had an MFJ analyzer for a few years, I would naturally sort of 'lean' toward MFJ, you know? The MFJ analyzer isn't 'perfect' by any means! But it works, and will 'help' get things right. The key word in that is 'help'. It still means YOU have to know what the @#$$ you are doing, it doesn't correct mistakes YOU make.
If you want an honest evaluation of a 'Sark' antenna analyzer, I would be tickled to death to give you one! Just send me one of'em and I promise I'll return it with my evaluation.
I have a heart condition so break it to me gently if you decide to send that 'Sark' thingy to me... okay?
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person
Im actually thinking about trying them both but however I will purchase this MFJ but really am curious about these Stark100 I am putting together a Gizmotchy 6 Element for 10 - 11 meters and want to use an analyzer this time and see how much easier it actually makes the setup. Its obvious it is gonna help tremendously but I am curious in time cutback it makes or helps with.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.