• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

satellite ops

rfoverlord

guardian of freedom
Jun 1, 2005
daegaba system
thinking about getting into it as i have a ft-847. anyone here active on the birds? looking to gather some real world info on various antennas and set ups before investing. 73 tnx

rfoverlord i have never been involed with satellites ops so i dont know much about it. However if you are interested in trying i would give it a go. What is needed to make this happen? A good tracking software,i have a yaesu ft100D that can be used for satellites ops,not the best rig to use but it can work.What is the minimum antenna configuration one would need?(vert. or horz.) Where does one aquire info on satellites frequencies and which birds to work,or is this where your tracking software comes in. This would be a great way to beat those solar minimum blues. rfoverlord i will do some research and let you know what i come up with,if you could do the same maybe we could make this work............anyone else care to join in please feel free.
73,Stu

May I suggest www.satscape.co.uk/ as a good tracking program? It is very user friendly and you can also install a speech pack that will verbally announce when a satellite comes into view.It is also capable of interfacing to an antenna rotator for full az/el adjustments.Best of all is that it is FREE.I have it and it is really good.I do not actively work the birds but have a few times in the past.Satscape has a data base that includes the uplink/downlink freqs. for each satellite including the doppler shift required.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.