1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

SBE Console II Blows fuse on transmit

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Plumber-G, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Plumber-G

Plumber-G Plumber-G

Waveform.jpg Well I did it now <GRIN> forgot to turn the antenna switch to the radio I was testing and my output dropped to about 1 watt, brought it back to the bench, No output and it blows the 3 amp fuse when I transmit.

Tried transmit with 12 volt supply did not blow fuse but no transmit,
    Step-down transformer started making a intermittent humming noise, connected it to the scope voltage steady but weird wave form. see image

I assume I blew the final and maybe took out the transformer or possible cap??

Need some help to know were to go from here?? No Schematic

Thanks Plumber-G

#1 Plumber-G, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018

2. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Odd deal. The service manual has everything but the schematic. The owner's manual has that part.

Go figure.

With any luck there won't be production-change differences between your radio and these two files.

Attached Files:

3. Plumber-G

Plumber-G Plumber-G

Thanks for the schematic, I think there was slight changes it appears the upgraded the final to a nec c1307 from a 2sc1239, but I have a much better grasp of what i am looking at.

Do You have any thoughts on the waveform??

Thanks
    Plumber-G

: SBE, Blown fuse