• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SBE Console II Blows fuse on transmit

Plumber-G

Plumber-G
Nov 17, 2012
Waveform.jpg Well I did it now <GRIN> forgot to turn the antenna switch to the radio I was testing and my output dropped to about 1 watt, brought it back to the bench, No output and it blows the 3 amp fuse when I transmit.

Tried transmit with 12 volt supply did not blow fuse but no transmit,
Step-down transformer started making a intermittent humming noise, connected it to the scope voltage steady but weird wave form. see image

I assume I blew the final and maybe took out the transformer or possible cap??

Need some help to know were to go from here?? No Schematic

Thanks Plumber-G

Last edited:

Odd deal. The service manual has everything but the schematic. The owner's manual has that part.

Go figure.

With any luck there won't be production-change differences between your radio and these two files.

Attachments

• sbe_16cb_console_ii_sm_.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 3
  • SBE16cb_OM.pdf
    16 MB · Views: 2
Thanks for the schematic, I think there was slight changes it appears the upgraded the final to a nec c1307 from a 2sc1239, but I have a much better grasp of what i am looking at.

Do You have any thoughts on the waveform??

Thanks
Plumber-G

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated