• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SBE mic wiring

43Echo695

Oct 19, 2008
Queensland, Australia
Can someone confirm mic wiring for an SBE Console 6?

I have found limited information online, but Bells CB tech library says:

Pin 1 Ground
Pin 2 Audio
Pin 3 Common
Pin 4 TX

Am keen to replace the radios 3 meters, are they the same/similar to any other radios of the era?

Joes Old Audio (on ebay) doesn't have them, Barkett Electronics have suggested their P-48N, but haven't
investigated any further yet.

73's

The manual posted at cbtricks.com shows no mention of a receive function on the mike.

This radio has a relay. It handles all the receive-side switching.

ogf5a2.jpg

The upper-left pin should be number 1. Odd that they failed to mention pin numbers on this pic.

Older SBE radios had TWO 'hot' wires to key the relay. One wire feeds 12 Volts DC up to the switch in the mike. The other wire feeds 12 Volts back down the cord to the hot side of the relay.

They kept the same mike-wiring setup for later radios that close a circuit to ground for the relay, like this one does.

This is from the service manual schematic. No pin numbers here, either.

N8vn78.jpg

Really makes it look as if a mike wired for a Cobra or Galaxy radio will plug in and work just fine.

If it won't, I would move the wires inside the radio behind the mike jack, to make it compatible with that setup.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Thanks for your replies. Yes I scratched my head a bit after seeing the wiring diagram on CB Tricks.

Anyhow, it's yet to be tested but the mic is wired.

I also got about 1k Ohm through each of the meters, so hoping they're OK as replacements or spares are probably harder to find than unobtanium.

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated