• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scam alert..

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
I received a phone call yesterday and the guy told me I owned a cell phone bill back in 2009 and this phone was to be paid on a monthly bases, and I told him no I didn't own that bill....because Id never owned a phone I had to pay for it by the month...

But he tried to tell me different, he knew the old mailing address we had, my last few numbers of my ss#, and the date this started...so I ask him what the number was for this cell phone, that it should have been on this bill I would think, but he couldn't tell me this, so I started to think it maybe a scam...

So this morning, I made a call to the state attorney general's office here to see if this was a scam or not....the lady here called me back and told me I needed to file a complaint on this....she went on to tell me they had received several complaints about this company as well.....so I did this on the phone, and waiting now for it to come in the mail to sign it, and send it back to them...

Also, I called the social security office about them having the few numbers of my SS#, and the guy I talked to said there wasnt anything they could do unless they had the whole number, and there is thousands of different number combinations out there....he said a lot of places do use the last 4 numbers of your ss#.....

So, by the way you can google the name of the company and check out all the BS on these guys....

Name of the company is: Midland Credit Management, there number: 1-800-265-8825, and the guys name Jay Griffin...

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this outfit...

Here's an idea,
Answer and when they start to ramble on....you say shut +++++ +++ the ++++ beeep beeeeeeeep #-$%&,%.$$+#$%$$$%&#>! Yay.

I usually tell voice callers, they have reached the non emergency number for the local fire department.

Flips them out.

I've been getting an increase in the amount of robot calls. I hate them with a passion.

I usually tell voice callers, they have reached the non emergency number for the local fire department.

Flips them out.

I've been getting an increase in the amount of robot calls. I hate them with a passion.

Sad ain't it? Technology has gotten better but yet annoying as all hell.

/v\™ P25!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.