• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scanner won't receive anymore

tilehead

Apr 23, 2007
I have a Uniden BC350C scanner in my semi and it won't pick up squat any more. For example if I push to hear CB I have to be really close to pick anything up. I was using an old cb antenna which I thought worked as good as any antenna I had tried. I have tried switching antennas and including one that came with the scanner (it used to work). Any ideas as to what might be the problem.Thanks.

Have you transmitted on a CB with a linear or been near another truck who has, while your scanner was on? If so, it could be that the scanner has suffered from overload and the input amp has fried.

It sounds like the scanner has either lost the antenna, or a problem in one of the IFs or amplifier stages. You might open it up and see if there's anything obviously burned, loose, or 'wrong'. I wouldn't advise 'twiddling' any adjustable thingys! Rather, take it to a reputable tech.
- 'Doc

(or even simpler, replace it.)

Jarikeen said:
Have you transmitted on a CB with a linear or been near another truck who has, while your scanner was on? If so, it could be that the scanner has suffered from overload and the input amp has fried.

Yes, it has been near an amp.Thanks for your help

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.