• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Score!

RustDemon

Aug 21, 2011
Snatched yup a Galaxy SSB Melaka at a yard sale for 25$ with a frequency counter thrown in. brought it home tested it and tada it works. got lucky since it is just pre evening and the yard sale was closeing. now I need to make sure its all aligned correctly and nothing has been tampered with. I know you can boost the clarifier but it pooches the side band, so I need to check it out amd make sure no one did anything untoward to the radio.

Reactions: 1 person

Anyone have any tips or pointers, or know of any quirks about this radio? I am having a heck of a hard time finding good info on the radio.

any one know the model number for this bertha? all I can find is the serial number 7018131 (which is on a sticker) the only writing on the case is "Galaxy SSB Melaka" I can't find a "dx anything" on the case anywhere am I stupid? I can't even google up any information on it, which is weird.

Can you pull the top cover off and take a good, clear photo of the main board inside the radio? I can probably help you with adjustments and such if you can do that for me.

~Cheers~

It is not part of the Galaxy "DX" series of radios and is not suported by them
If I remember right Nochman brothers had that radio made and imported and support was very little.
Pull th e cover and find the main board number... something like a EPT 3600 something and then look for a radio runnig the same board.
Heck for that price if it is working ok I would just talk on it and be happy......what a deal!

Jeff

Thanks audio, I had already read that though, thats how I knew it could be tweak and ruin the ssb. I need like an owners manual or tech diagrams etc. I cant seem to find the right settings on it to actually hit normal CB band, thats why I think some one tweaked it or something with the freq counter on no matter what channel selector setting I have it on I can't hit the right numbers.

It is not part of the Galaxy "DX" series of radios and is not suported by them
If I remember right Nochman brothers had that radio made and imported and support was very little.
Pull th e cover and find the main board number... something like a EPT 3600 something and then look for a radio runnig the same board.
Heck for that price if it is working ok I would just talk on it and be happy......what a deal!

Jeff

yeah its working just no where near the bands I am allowed to use...... LOL but for the price I can't beat it. now just to get it working right.

well its a moot point, traded it for an ranger RCI-2950 DX, 10-12 meter radio, plus 100$ so I really made out on that one. I guess that makes it a double score.

I would rather havce the 10-12 meter rig than a straight side band cb.

happybouncing.gif

Hurray!
OLA.gif

I love this new radio. I took it for a short stroll through the Cb freq's, getting used to moving around with out an automatic channel knob. I can't wait to get my ham ticket so I can stroll the 10 and 12meter bands. also tested the SWR on channel "1" and "40". it was spectacular, 1 to1 on 1, and 1.1 to 1 on 40, next I need to tune it to the far ranges of 10 and 12 meters so I can test the SWR there. I have a feeling it will be just fine if its so low right in between the bands.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.