• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SCORE!!!

pistolero

Apr 16, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Been wheelin and dealin today. Guy getting out of cb, got his amateur liscense. Traded him a shotgun for this haul, mostly like new hardly used:

Attachments

• bbb 100 (1024x768).jpg
    bbb 100 (1024x768).jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 57
  • bbb 101 (1024x768).jpg
    bbb 101 (1024x768).jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 48

well to me looks like a good trade,i would of kept the hr2510 the rest i would swap off...hehe good trade...i got rid of all my stuff to but my old Siltronix,its only 10 and 12,no 11mtrs...and my only 11 mtr radio is a old MARK Sidewinder and a NIGHTRIDER by Cherokee ...all my rangers are just 10 and 12 mtrs,i think you guys came out even...73 de n0zna

So that can go I guess. I'll hook up the Superstar in my son's room. He's a little guy and is impressed by the big one with all the buttons. Might put the Magnum S9 in the Jeep.

Still going through the another box of mikes and cords and stuff. There's even a D-104 in there that didn't make it in the pic, but I don't remember what radio he said it was wired for.

The Base Radio in the lower left corner, looks like a Maycom Model BS-27 SSB ( Super Star 4900-B) Radio, can you post a better picture of that radio?
That is a rare find if that is what it is and is a very cool Radio.
Be VERY VERY careful NOT to plug another Mic into the Mic connector!!
Pin number 6, the center Pin in the factory Mic has 13.8 Volt DC on it and shorting it to the other pins can ROAST the Microprocessor in the radio.
It is virtually impossible to find a replacement CPU!!!

Here is Some Info About the radio in a post I made several years ago.....
The fatal flaw was the Mic wiring.
Every dead one that i know of died the same death, plug in the wrong aftermarket Mic, and fry the CPU.
The Mic Supplied with the radio had many functions that is why it was powered from the radio.
I read the owners manual and there was NO warning in the book about using another mic..... Major Mistake.
i like the look...reminds me of the TS 570 Kenwoods.

The features were amazing.
23.815 Mhz to 30.555 Mhz Continuous Coverage (Requires Export Mod)
Single Chip Microprocessor Controller (LC72338)
Clarifier Control Tracks Both Transmit And Receive (SSB Approx. 40Khz)
Programmable Memory Function (Stores Favorite Frequencies)
Backlit Liquid Crystal Display (Frequency, Channel, Functions Menu)
Digital Meter Scale Displays Signal, Power Output, SWR and Modulation
Dual Watch Mode (Allows Monitoring Two Freq. Simultaneously)
Red/Green Transmit/Receive LED Indicator
Two Antenna Connectors on Rear Panel, Push Button Front Panel Select
Noise Blanker/Automatic Noise Limiter
Roger Beep (Switchable )
Variable Mic Gain Control
Variable Receive RF Gain Control
AM/FM/USB/LSB Operation
25 Watts Variable RF Output Power SSB (2SC2166 X1 - 2SC1969 X2)
10-15 Watts Variable RF Output Power AM (2SC2166 X1 - 2SC1969 X2)
Four Step Dimmer lamp Control
Split Frequency Capability for Repeater Use
Dual Power - 120VAC Operation or 13.8 VDC Operation
DTMF Page Mode (Touch Tone Paging)
DTMF Auto Reply Function (Touch Tone Auto Signaling)
DTMF Coded Squelch Operation (Receiver Muted Until Special DTMF Received)
DTMF Encoder Pad (Allows Direct DTMF Frequency Entry)
5 Pin DIN Jack on the Back Panel for PACKET Radio
Scan Feature
Automatic Squelch control
Channel 9/19 feature
The Radio also featured a Jack on the Back that you could plug a Outboard Analog S Meter into if you did not like the built in Digital S Meter ( like the Yaesu FT 897 Radios)
Some one should get Maycom Co in S Korea to build these again, I think it would prove to be a Good Radio.
Add protection on the CPU from the Mic error, maybe a wide/narrow filter option, A cooling fan for the radio/power supply..this thing would blow the new ranger "base" out of the water.

The HR2600 should be left alone without the ChipSwitch...although there are ways to get it on 11 meters none of them are worth hacking the radio for.
Save it as is if you think you will ever get your Ham Ticket or look to offer it for sale.....it is a sad thing to see one get hacked up.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?