• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SCORE!!!

Cool, you can click on the thumbnail, click on the box that pops up, and then click the pic again, it will show the full size pic. Do that on the bottom pic it shows it pretty well.

Very Nice, take care of it, not to many of that radio are alive today.
Yes indeed, Good score.

jeff

Thanks, yeah it's pretty cool. Not even just the radios. All the meters and power supplies and stuff. Yesterday I only had the 980SSB and the Midland handheld my boy likes to play with. Now it's like we have a housefull of stuff to play with.

Well I'm having trouble getting my base station set up. But I did try the Magnum S9 in the Jeep today. It needs a new internal speaker but I plugged an external into it and it sounds good. Swings to 20 RMS on the Dosy (45 or so on the radio's meter) so I set the dead key at 4.5-5 with the variable power knob.

Check this out. Hooked up the President and the display said hr2510 turned it to am 26.965 and talked to my son on the handheld on channel 1. Opened it up to have a peek, turns out it has a Switchchip already installed. Putting out 25 on AM and swinging 45 SSB. Can't wait till I get my base station antenna set up.

Got the stuff from yet another "born again ham", LOL. It gets me how these people think once they are a ham they have to give up the "evil CB gear"...

Got the stuff from yet another "born again ham", LOL. It gets me how these people think once they are a ham they have to give up the "evil CB gear"...

I haven't read the requirements for maintaining a ham license yet. Aren't hams limited as to what type if transceivers they can use for ham vs. cb bands?

Well it may be that to a degree, but apparently the guy is moving to a smaller place and wants to get rid of a bunch of stuff, so lucky me!
<More audio><More audio><More audio>

Sometimes Guys want to sell what they have to Upgrade to a All Band/All Mode radio, you must admit that 10/11/12 meter radios and Stock CB`s limit frequency coverage.
Many HF rigs can be set up to .. Monitor.. 11 meters.

Aren't hams limited as to what type if transceivers they can use for ham vs. cb bands?

To stay within the Rules you can only use "type accepted" equipment for Transmitting on the 40 channel CB band.

Hams can personally use all types of radios, HF rigs/Converted Commercial/ HomeBrew/almost whatever to work the Bands they are licensed for as long as they meet minimum requirements .
Generally speaking unless you are running a real dirty station or operating out of band you are left to your own devices.

All legalities aside it is possible to find tens of thousands of operators using whatever to run the the frequency range from 26~28 Mhz as it has become a very popular hobby/freeband frequency range world wide.
Yes the United States has its share of Freebanders, but that is also true in many other countries worldwide.
Russian Taxi drivers come to mind as one thorn in the side of officials, as well as many freeband DX groups worldwide.
I used to listen to Shrimp boat operators down in the lower part of 26 Megs when the conditions were right, not sure if that practice is still going on.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.