• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sears roadtalker 40ssb Model # 934.38260700

I believe that radio is in CB PhotoFacts volume #254. Go here and ask Dan to make a .pdf of the section that covers your radio. It will have everything you are looking for.

Good Luck.
Thanks, Dr. DX I already have the schematic I am trying to learn what circuit each component represents whether it is audio, transmit, or receive so I can trace it to the radio

Sounds like what you need is a block diagram, and the schematic to go with it. The Howard Sams CB books didn't include a block diagram, but factory service manuals often would.

No telling how many tons of rocks you would have to turn over to locate the factory service manual. Pretty sure they published one, but I don't have it.

Sounds like what you need is a block diagram, and the schematic to go with it. The Howard Sams CB books didn't include a block diagram, but factory service manuals often would.

No telling how many tons of rocks you would have to turn over to locate the factory service manual. Pretty sure they published one, but I don't have it.

Thanks for the reply back nomadradio I do have the schematic and block diagram I am trying to figure out how to read the schematic for example, is the SSB detector is that a circuit in the audio the transmit or the receive or like the buffer amp Which circuit does that go with that is what I am trying to find out and learn to read the block diagram. Truthfully, this is probably not the best Radio to try to learn on the bounce all over the place all the schematic thanks for your time

Attachments

• 11C80344-4AEE-495A-BDEB-1D61FDA74F23.jpeg
    11C80344-4AEE-495A-BDEB-1D61FDA74F23.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

LOL Chris, you need to get a different set of Photofacts my friend. My set has block diagrams. The Block diagram that Stuck in the mud posted is from the photofact #254 for his radio.

Thanks for the reply back nomadradio I do have the schematic and block diagram I am trying to figure out how to read the schematic for example, is the SSB detector is that a circuit in the audio the transmit or the receive or like the buffer amp Which circuit does that go with that is what I am trying to find out and learn to read the block diagram. Truthfully, this is probably not the best Radio to try to learn on the bounce all over the place all the schematic thanks for your time
So that block diagram is the one in Sams Photofact #254 for your radio but as you say, you are trying to see what parts of the circuit make those blocks.

Some Sams block diagrams do indicate the components that make up the block. Here is part of a Sams block diagram for a cobra 139XLR:

1673547482033.png
As you can see, the components are included in each block.

There are 3 other radios that use the same chassis as yours.

JC Penny 981-6246
JC Penny 981-6248
Sears 934.3831

Some or all of these are located in Sams Photofacts # 274. So find someone that has that volume and ask them to take a look at the Block Diagram (right before the schematic pages) and see if it indicates the components that make up each block. You might ask Dan to see if he has that volume and can take a look for you.

Good Luck!

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated