• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

selling out... what a sad day...

mr_fx

Oct 8, 2011
Kansas City
Well I have fought to keep everything up and running, but I since my wife left and ran all our bills up, foundout she was not paying anything, just telling me she had, she also maxed, overdrew and ran everything in the hole she could... about 3 months ago I just can't afford to keep up and running anymore, house payment about to fall behind, electric is 30 days out, gas is 15 past due, hours cut at work... on top of that she left the kids with me and has offered nearly no help ($50 a month, lol)

So, sadly I put everything on Ebay last night... Yaesu ft-890/at, mfj-962c tuner, nice mic setup, etc... I plan to keep the antennas however. (besides they are mostly just balling wire anyways, hahaha)

However there is a silver lining in all this... My wife says she will split the tax money with me this year, so I am expecting around 2000-$3000 back... that being said I maybe be off the air for a while, but this might give me time to work on building my 20m 1/4 wave vertical and might allow me to look at a NEW radio come tax time... right now I am thinking Yaesu 450D... heck of a bargin for $1000ish bucks... but man the yaesu 857d sure is sexy too, but I question what it's duty cycle would be like... I mean I could run the 890 at full tilt on SSB for a long time without getting warm... I would think that the 857d would not have quite the same duty cycle just do to it's small size, either that or it will have a LOUD fan

So while I am sad right now, I know I have no choice, but I realize that it might end up being a better deal for me in the end. Always finding the good in the bad right...

Better find a Hot Sexy Female Lawyer quickly...I did 12 years ago...

I lost a huge 6 figure anuity...but SHE had to pay ALL the bills with it....

I ended up with the House, my truck and Half my Baseball Card collection (which I raped before she got it) kept all the Mantles/lots of others....

And she ended up NOT having a Lien on any retirement or income from that date forward....
I never SOLD a single rig....when it was over I was buying NEW ones:D
Heed the words of experience...
Don't agree to anything without it being in a SIGNED DOCUMENT!
GL
All the Best
BJ

PS: Close ALL your accounts and Open NEW ONES...anything she can use close it NOW!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
thanks BJ, right now I have the upper hand, she left before she was able to save much money, turns out she was spending our bill money on booze and hotels for her boyfriend, so I am in good shape, she has already signed over the house, it's looking like I am good

but the lawyer took a look at everything and said this was going to be easy for me, but hard for her

Sorry to hear about your situation MrFX and as much as I hate to say it.
Go for the throat, its the only way to end up with anything.
I tried to be MrNice guy Man, was I raped..
Well, best of luck getting your life back to normal, you should be all leveled out within the year. Just keep looking forward.

oh I plan to bury her, she ain't getting nothing, lol... nut I am more worried about what radio I should be buying come tax time

I went through this with my ex except no kids. She ws the credit card queen and used my excellent credit rating to get 12 credit cards all of which she maxed out on her boyfriends and idiot son.

Dude you need to put radio aside and concentrate on paying off the bills and bad debt and taking care of the kids. That tax refund should go to that end and not split up. I'm sure the attorneys witll also tell you that. Radio will always be there but you DO NOT want all her debt following you around.

I paid off over $50k in debt in one year. It can be done!! Hang in there and buy Dave Ramseys book :)

Christ almighty, this sounds like the scam my ex-wife pulled on me in 2005. Like some others on here, I foolishly trusted her in paying all the bills. Well, one monday I went to pull some cash from the bank for lunch, and noticed the account was very low. When I went home that night, I planned to ask her about it. Turns out, she planned to drop a bomb on me, and tell me she's leaving. Something about wanting to live in southeast kansas, vs live in the rockies. WTF? She didn't pay bills for months, horded the money and kept the collectors from calling me at work, so as I wouldn't know. She left when she knew the notices would come streaming in. Yep, that week, I got a nasty phone bill with long distance calls to her ex, an electric bill that was behind, my car payment nearly 3 months behind, the only thing current was rent, and it was due in 2 weeks. In our case, I was able to play hard ball, threaten bankruptcy if she refused to pay the bills, and locked her out. The apartment was in my name, and we got it before we were married. By state law, she met the definition for abandoning her stuff, so it was mine. She already had a bankruptcy on her record, and was too soon for her to file again. In the end, her, or her loaded daddy paid most of the stuff off, and she behaved. Wait, it gets better. She remarried some time back, and I saw a pic of her on facebook. He looks just like me, just 100LBS heavier,lol.

Good luck, and be strong.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.