• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Separate RX/TX

Van Lifeson

Aug 11, 2018
Would there be any way to use two different radios, one for transmit and one for
receive?
Thanks for any info.

Sure. You need 2 antennas or automatic switch like Zetagi SW-2
Mike
What I am looking to do is, have one radio dedicated for receive. And one dedicated for transmit right next to each other. Will this device allow me to transmit on one radio and then when I un-key, the other radio will receive? That’s what I’m looking to accomplish thank you

What I am looking to do is, have one radio dedicated for receive. And one dedicated for transmit right next to each other. Will this device allow me to transmit on one radio and then when I un-key, the other radio will receive? That’s what I’m looking to accomplish thank you
You will need an antenna switch as mentioned above and you will need a method of muting the receiver while you are transmitting. I used a shortwave receiver to receive while I transmitted on my old Heath DX-60 transmitter and it worked great. The receiver however had a MUTE connection especially for what I was doing. It's not hard to make one if you are handy with a soldering iron and understand a little about electronics. My big question is WHY do you want to do this?

Reactions: RT431
You will need an antenna switch as mentioned above and you will need a method of muting the receiver while you are transmitting. I used a shortwave receiver to receive while I transmitted on my old Heath DX-60 transmitter and it worked great. The receiver however had a MUTE connection especially for what I was doing. It's not hard to make one if you are handy with a soldering iron and understand a little about electronics. My big question is WHY do you want to do this?
I want to do it because I love the transmit of one particular radio and the receiver of another. Lol

Reactions: walterjn

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.