• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Service For Mirage 2950

paws264

Apr 6, 2005
I have a Ranger (Mirage) 2950, this radio does not like the cold. This radio resets itself to 26.000 Mhz or, will turn on and be stuck at 31.999 Mhz until I go to the "Manual" mode and tap the transmit button.

CB Tricks says that there is a battery for the cmos in the CPU but, I do not see it; it does not seem to be accessable from the inside of the radio without removing the front panel from the display AFTER the display unit has been separated from the chassis.

I must be missing something......

I like this radio alot and, I am wondering if there is someone Trustwrothy and reliable who can repair RCI radios. I am looking for someone with good references and turn-around time who does not have a bunch of ankle-biting former customers foaming at the mouth.

Is that too much to ask?

My service monitor / scope crapped out so, I am kinda like a row boat with only one oar in the water.

"Do you feel me"?

DPT295042z

The CPU board in this radio is is the DPT295042z, the same boards are in the 2527, the RCI 2950, 2970 and, the RCi 2990. The CPU / PLL goes crazy and thre radio has to be reset to the desire operating frequency when powered back on.

The is no visibile battery backup for the CPU ROM so, it seems to be erased every time it is powered or or off.

I am looking for suggestions for someone with repair experience on these radios.

Try giving Turner Radio a call. This is a real radio repair shop - they mainly work on ham radio gear, but I would bet they do this stuff also. They have no website, but I know several guys that have had gear repaired here and have had nothing but compliments:

Turner Radio
42541 6th Street East Suite 8 Lancaster, Ca. 93535.
M-F 10am-5pm Pacific Time (661) 945-9097

The CPU board in this radio is is the DPT295042z, the same boards are in the 2527, the RCI 2950, 2970 and, the RCi 2990. The CPU / PLL goes crazy and thre radio has to be reset to the desire operating frequency when powered back on.

The is no visibile battery backup for the CPU ROM so, it seems to be erased every time it is powered or or off.

I am looking for suggestions for someone with repair experience on these radios.

WRONG!!! The 2527 uses an integrated board where the push button dispaly and cpu are all on one pcb, the 2950/70 uses multiple boards to do this layed one on top the other and connected with long push through style connectors(similar to an IEEE interface)

WRONG!!! The 2527 uses an integrated board where the push button dispaly and cpu are all on one pcb, the 2950/70 uses multiple boards to do this layed one on top the other and connected with long push through style connectors(similar to an IEEE interface)

Back at you "Keyboard Breath"!

DX2527_dpt295042z_cpu_parts_layout_top.gif

This board is also used in my RCI Mirage 2950, maybe that why the part number refers to the "2950".

Congratulations, now TRY and install that in your 2950....I know it doesnt work, I tried. It would take quite a bit of modding. See connector sk1 It covers the holes used for the multi layer configuration I mentioned earlier.

Its the internet, dont take it so personal. I was trying to help you since I have a brand new board sitting in front of me and a 2527 in front of me....AND a 2950 with 1 board for the cpu only, 1 board for the buttons only and 1 board for the display only!

Good Luck

Did you notice the pic you posted was of a 2527 CPU board like I said???????

Attachments

• rolling-eyes.gif
    rolling-eyes.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.