• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Service Manual for a GALAXY PLUTO

From what I’ve read they are not made by galaxy???
Also I’ll get board number when radio comes in the mail

That radio was built in more than one version.

What will identify it, and the diagram to match will be the circuit-board number. Might be printed in screen-print ink on the component side of the board. The oldest ones have the number printed in foil on the solder side, usually near the audio chip.

Should be "EPT3600-" followed by two digits and maybe one letter.

It's old. May also have age issues, even if the mileage is low.

Found the frequency drift with this model was a bit too much for sideband. Not a problem for AM or FM.

This is the board from my Pluto.

CZMZj5Y.jpg

The first Galaxy PLUTO rigs were simply Galaxy 2100s with a new name. See SECRET CB Vol. 26 on CBTricks for alignment, board layout, & mods. Main board number EPT360011Z.
If your PLUTO has the Frequency counter board mounted in a metal box, then it's the same as the 2100.
Lots of good Galaxy 2100 info here
https://www.transmission1.net/viewtopic.php?t=55153.
Good luck, 73s.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
The first Galaxy PLUTO rigs were simply Galaxy 2100s with a new name. See SECRET CB Vol. 26 on CBTricks for alignment, board layout, & mods. Main board number EPT360011Z.
If your PLUTO has the Frequency counter board mounted in a metal box, then it's the same as the 2100.
Lots of good Galaxy 2100 info here
https://www.transmission1.net/viewtopic.php?t=55153.
Good luck, 73s.

It is not simply a rebadged 2100. There are some subtle differences like the 6 band switch vs the 3 band with the hi/low button. Dual final vs single. The button for the RB. The 2100 has CW where the Pluto does not.
Are they close? Yup. But they are not the same radio.

56fc5bea125745c8a9baec11e37bd27d.jpg

Early Pluto
cb-radio-galaxy-pluto-dzierzoniow-526179279.jpg

Back in the day, I ordered a 2100 for a customer from H&Y in KY. The radio I received was exactly like the 2100 (silver faceplate) but had the name PLUTO where the 2100 had GALAXY. It was DOA . The replacement I got was a black face Pluto like the pic you posted. Never did like the poor quality of the early Galaxy rigs, and tried to steer my customers away from them. So I'm not too familiar with their innards.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.