• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Service Tech for my Stalker IX

I have a Realistic TRC-451 and a Cobra 146 GTL which I believe both have the same board inside as that Stalker IX radio you got. Both work a treat. :) Also the very last SSB rig from the Sears Roadtalker lineup has the same board.

I have a Realistic TRC-451 and a Cobra 146 GTL which I believe both have the same board inside as that Stalker IX radio you got. Both work a treat. :) Also the very last SSB rig from the Sears Roadtalker lineup has the same board.

the stalker ix is different from those radios.
the stalker has an MB8719 PLL and those have the UPD2824.

Reactions: doffo and NZ8N
The Stalker IX-DX is a PC-893 PCB, where the 40 channel is a PC-385.
I was about to ask if one can drop in the other PLL, but that explains the board version differences and different PLL chips. :) Appreciate the information.

Red Eagle is going to go through my Stalker IX ... it will then be mated to either a Gray 300 or LA 425.

LA425 is a much-better designed amplifier.

Doesn't tell us how either one has been treated for the last couple of decades or more, but that would be my first choice.

The Stalker IX is being gone through and being updated - The LA4 425 have also been gone through. I sold the Gray 300

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.