• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shack Power

A GFI measures the current going out of the Hot (Black) wire, and measures the current in the return (White) wire. These two must equil, (be in balance) or the GFI will trip. If the GFI goes out of balance, that would mean that current is being drawen through the black wire that is not returned through the white wire, so it is going to ground elseware (a path to ground, like your body), and it should trip at a small predetermined out of balance current.
Balance was the word I was going to use but didn't want to sound too far off base. Thanks for the clarification (y)

... you may want to consider running a new feed line from your pannel box that has the proper hot/neutral/ground....or ground your equipment directlly by running a single braided copper wire out side to a ground rod...i run into improperely grounded pannels all the time.../QUOTE]

i understand what you are saying,.......... but ,............... he may not.

ALL grounds MUST be bonded at ONE single point. a
second" seperate ground rod does NOT meet NEC.

I should have clairfied that by equipment I ment pannel box, not radio equipment....but Thats not a bad idea to ground also....good catch on that one.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.