• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shipping cost getting out of hand

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
For the last few years we've seen shipping costs increased and now they've gotten way up there. The last few things I've ordered have cost substantially higher than similar items before.

2 starduster antennas shipped to me were right under 50 bucks ground shipping. We best get our goods not only because some are scarce but because shipping is going to eat us up as time goes.

$6.00 a gal as of today for regular
It's not quite that bad in Oklahoma $3.99 a gal. But every time I go to work it gets a little worse every trip, I spend $500 to $600 just to get to WV, buy enough groceries for two weeks and get back home. My $2.00 raise i got awhile back isn't even noticeable, I try to stay around $200 or less for groceries which used to get me a pretty fair amount of food, now not so much. Fuel prices effect everything.

Reactions: Keto
I just did a random shipping calculation for my FT-990. I'm in the U.P. of Michigan, and chose a random zip code in Washington state. With the package insured for $650.00, the cheapest transportation is FedEx at nearly $90.00. USPS was a little over $100.00, while UPs was out of the park.

I just did a random shipping calculation for my FT-990. I'm in the U.P. of Michigan, and chose a random zip code in Washington state. With the package insured for $650.00, the cheapest transportation is FedEx at nearly $90.00. USPS was a little over $100.00, while UPs was out of the park.
Wow that's up there! Quite a difference from just a year or so ago.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Gas is $7.39 a gallon in Lee Vining at the Chevron.
They are price gouging like hell and getting away with it.

Big oil is reporting record profits in the billions of dollars while we pay these prices.
Billions of dollars.

Jeff
And the oil markets dominate Wall Street! Its depressing.

At some point, if prices remain the same or get even higher, the radio outlets like HRO, Gigaparts, and DXEngineering will either move the threshold well above the $100 mark for free shipping, or discontinue it completely. :unsure:

Gas is $7.39 a gallon in Lee Vining at the Chevron.
They are price gouging like hell and getting away with it.

Big oil is reporting record profits in the billions of dollars while we pay these prices.
Billions of dollars.

Jeff
What a beautiful part of CA. I always liked that area, from Bishop (sheepherders bread) to Mammoth.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.