• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shipping costs are out of hand!

a few years ago i ordered a custom stock for a rifle. i was in back yard when fedex pulled in. the driver ran to the door and threw the box in the edge of porch step. i got there n said wait up.he got unhappy fast. opened box and concrete step put deep gouge in forearm.it was packed good but this guy must gave it his all. he really was mad when i said return it. i called stock maker and he sent next 1 through another carrier. was no use to do that to a package

That's why anymore I don't want to send a radio out for repair. What's the sense of spending money when it comes back with a beat up box. I have 2 more radio repairs & mods I want done and figuring Personnel Hand delivery. To the devil with the Middle man !

Reactions: Rwb
a few years ago i ordered a custom stock for a rifle. i was in back yard when fedex pulled in. the driver ran to the door and threw the box in the edge of porch step. i got there n said wait up.he got unhappy fast. opened box and concrete step put deep gouge in forearm.it was packed good but this guy must gave it his all. he really was mad when i said return it. i called stock maker and he sent next 1 through another carrier. was no use to do that to a package
I remember some years ago when they caught a FEDEX driver on video throwing a big screen TV over a tall entry gate. It made national news. Overall though FEDEX seems to be the better of the 3 big delivery company's, at least in my experience. I had a integrated tube amp I had to send back 2 times, plus the initial trip, and it survived all that.
Most everything I get through UPS lately looks like it was involved in a wreck. Must be the $60 an hour wage they just received.

Last edited:
FedEx sucks (at least where I live). In the Townhome we lived in, there was a 4 foot fence around the front, with an open gate in the middle. It was about 6 inches pushed inward to show delivery companies that all was good, and they could go through the gate and put the box(s) on the front door step (15' from the gate) or the front porch, which offered protections during bad weather (3' to the right of the front door). What I was expecting that day was an ICOM IC-705 and some accessories. So where did the FedEx guy leave it? In the middle of the front (public) sidewalk outside the fence/gate. They did it to me again when I bought a 2nd hand Kenwood TS-2000 a year later. Plenty of other FedEx stories, but you get the idea...

I had fedex deliver my package to 126 Prospect St. instead of 126 Forest St. like it was suppose to go. Prospect St. is 90 degrees from my St. I can't remember how I tracked it down. I bought a UV5R from Walmart and Fedex said they delivered it and it was no where to be found. I notified Walmart and Fedex hand delivered another one in just a few days so that was a happy ending at least !

I had fedex deliver my package to 126 Prospect St. instead of 126 Forest St. like it was suppose to go. Prospect St. is 90 degrees from my St. I can't remember how I tracked it down. I bought a UV5R from Walmart and Fedex said they delivered it and it was no where to be found. I notified Walmart and Fedex hand delivered another one in just a few days so that was a happy ending at least !
Amazon's been pretty good at that too. When they say it's been delivered, and I look outside and all around the house, I keep the picture they took of the delivery on the screen of my phone and go on a treasure hunt up and down the street to try and match the doorway in the photo. If I can't find it I get 2 benefits: a little exercise and a replacement sent to me.

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't deliver here which is weird because we have an Amazon center here. Anything amazon is always turned over for usps to deliver. Usps is awful here, ups and fedex do a much better job. In this case I went with free priority shipping so in the end I guess I got what they paid for.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated