• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shipping Fail

89E8CF3C-D202-4622-9DD9-5B56DD477790.jpeg
F7A804AD-5EE0-48D9-B0AE-5E302D98C2E1.png
Thanks Fedex. Tube destroyed. Now it’s a bench fixture.

I hope Fedex will pay for that tube without a hassle. If not, you could always make a LED modulation indicator or a table lamp out of it. Using a glass cutter, the plate cap on top is your pivot point needed to score a perfect circle. The circle needs to be large enough to remove all the guts. If you managed not to shatter the glass, the top can be glued back on afterwards. Use your imagination or any number to decorative LED configurations that are sold. Solder the LED leads to a couple of pins on the bottom. Drill holes in a nice thick piece of wood for the pins to fit into and to channel a pair of wires away from the base.

That’s a shame, I’m not hip to tubes but it looks pretty damn cool.

Also I like Sunbulls idea, that would probably look really cool, way cool.

It reminds me of this guy, haha :

D16C5E7A-E8EF-4C61-B521-1F40E7283F21.jpeg

And that made me sad, they broke GUNTER.

Reactions: Slowmover
I hope Fedex will pay for that tube without a hassle. If not, you could always make a LED modulation indicator or a table lamp out of it. Using a glass cutter, the plate cap on top is your pivot point needed to score a perfect circle. The circle needs to be large enough to remove all the guts. If you managed not to shatter the glass, the top can be glued back on afterwards. Use your imagination or any number to decorative LED configurations that are sold. Solder the LED leads to a couple of pins on the bottom. Drill holes in a nice thick piece of wood for the pins to fit into and to channel a pair of wires away from the base.

That’s one sweet set of suggestions!

That’s a shame, I’m not hip to tubes but it looks pretty damn cool.

Also I like Sunbulls idea, that would probably look really cool, way cool.

It reminds me of this guy, haha :

View attachment 38328

And that made me sad, they broke GUNTER.

Tubes are a form of romance.

2E311672-2415-4C0A-BE25-2069665BA63A.jpeg

Audiophile ne plus ultra.

Advertising copy that writes itself plus an image re-creating dawn:
Vacuum tubes are truth revealed.

For, as with steam locomotives and radial engine airplanes:
operator skill is in evidence. Tech that ends at the man.

(IMO, no further development needed. Only robustness & long-life).

It’s more than a broken component. It touches on our faith in our fellows to damage any of these mentioned. The chain binding men to one another is faith.

High water marks, are these.

See, restoration of FIFI. See restoration of AAF Crash Boat 520. See restoration of Union Pacific No, 4014. See restoration of HH Scott “Quaranta”.

These are every one of them, “faith”.

Tube equipment is always representative of our imagination at its best.

Last edited:
unfortunately some runs of eimac tubes fail like that in normal use.
bad welds.
i remember some like that right out of the box and if they made the trip safely they failed early in service.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
It don't help matters when a package/ parcel is literally
thrown from inside containers to warehouse floor and thrown back onto local delivery vans. Such a pity that
some goods arrive bad/broken/messed up.That sure is a bummer Drifter

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.