• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shorted 2950

Just keep in mind that putting in the bridge rectifier or the set of diodes on the positive and negative leads will cause a 1.4V drop. So if you run 13.8V into the radio, the voltage after the diodes/rectifier will be 12.4V. You might not have 100% performance (output) out of the radio, but at least you can't hook it up wrong.

~Cheers~

Just keep in mind that putting in the bridge rectifier or the set of diodes on the positive and negative leads will cause a 1.4V drop. So if you run 13.8V into the radio, the voltage after the diodes/rectifier will be 12.4V. You might not have 100% performance (output) out of the radio, but at least you can't hook it up wrong.

~Cheers~

Maybe its best the OP just makes sure that it is plugged in right?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

~Cheers~

Agreed 100%. Just like everything it is a compromise. It's also a bandaid for those that have no clue and/or are unwilling to learn. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed 100%. Just like everything it is a compromise. It's also a bandaid for those that have no clue and/or are unwilling to learn. :laugh:

I'm willing to learn but as I try to hook up my radio with the cables crossed,I keep blowing fuses until run out of fuses :laugh:

then I took my radio to my tweaknician and he installed the 4 diodes and he advice me to crank the voltage 2 notches in my regulated power supply ,so instead of 13.8 V now the meter display 16.6 V :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.