• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shortwave radio that talks.

Ok. I don't even know if this is possible. Is there a shortwave radio that also reads the menus? Because today, you need the menus to do most things. Or can you get a voice synthesizer that will do that? Thanks guys.

The Yaesu FT-450 has voice announcement built in. It'll tell the frequency, mode, and other items I believe.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Yeah, I checked it. I Emailed the guy to see what he thought, he said the Icom 746,but I'm still open to options!

Last edited:
Hi,

Have you e-mailed the manufacturers to ask if any do the kind of thing you're looking for?

Icom do a couple of units I think that at least read the frequency, and there is the Yaesu as mentioned above, but as for reading menu items - I'd be surprised if they did.

Good luck in your search!

Best regards,
Chernobyl2.

The 706mk2G is a great radio i have one and am very happy with it. not sure if it has the voice module your loooking for but its really nice
My suggestion would be to get the kenwood speaker to go with it to really bring out the good sound of the receiver. The speaker on the radio are not the best. but if your not really into listening to hi-fi audio then you probbably wont worry about it too much
as we say on the ham bands

Welcome to the forum Wes
Kilo Bravo one Pizza

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.