• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Should this coax cable be fine for CB

I wouldn't worry much about losses at 40'. And I would never worry about cable length.

Another user name asking the same questions about the same stuff, come on man are you really that incompetent?? How many user names do you have now?? We have told you what the proper thing to do is and you still keep asking the same question by making another user name, just make sure to use dual antennas, talk on a stormy night and use a Coba radio as you are a coba radio fan as well.

Is low loss enough for CB???
Overkill. RG213 is more than enough. But if its the same price as 213 then go for it. You'll find though that as its 11mm outside diameter that regular PL259 plugs may not fit.

Will my SWR suffer since it's not multiples of 18 feet/per firestik suggestion
That is an old wives tale. If any antenna says it needs that, go buy a different antenna. It needs that because its a bad design and uses the coax as "the missing half" of the antenna which is bad because it means you get RF on your gear, in your shack.

The correct length of coax is always the minimum amount needed to get from your CB to the antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.