• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SHTF and Unconstitutional Red Flag Laws

Study: ‘Assault Weapons’ and Magazine Bans Do Not Lower Homicide Rates

A study on state-level gun control laws in the U.S. shows that bans on “high-capacity” magazines and “assault weapons” do not lower homicide rates.
The study was headed by Boston University School of Public Health’s Michael Siegel and another listed study author was Harvard gun control advocate David Hemenway.

In an interview with Futurity.org, lead study author Michael Spiegel elaborated: “Although I completely understand the desire to ban assault weapons, I just don’t see empirical evidence that such bans have any substantial impact on homicide rates. These bans are most often based on characteristics of guns that are not directly tied to their lethality.”

He observed, “Laws regulating the sale of assault weapons are unlikely to have a large impact on homicide rates, because these weapons are used in only a very small proportion of homicides. The vast majority of firearm homicides in the United States are committed with handguns.”
The study Spiegel oversaw also shows researchers discovered “changes in household gun ownership were not found to be significantly associated with homicide or suicide rates.” This runs 180 degrees counter to the Left’s incessant claims that a gun in the house puts the homeowner at greater risk.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...nd-magazine-bans-do-not-lower-homicide-rates/

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Study: ‘Assault Weapons’ and Magazine Bans Do Not Lower Homicide Rates

A study on state-level gun control laws in the U.S. shows that bans on “high-capacity” magazines and “assault weapons” do not lower homicide rates.
The study was headed by Boston University School of Public Health’s Michael Siegel and another listed study author was Harvard gun control advocate David Hemenway.

In an interview with Futurity.org, lead study author Michael Spiegel elaborated: “Although I completely understand the desire to ban assault weapons, I just don’t see empirical evidence that such bans have any substantial impact on homicide rates. These bans are most often based on characteristics of guns that are not directly tied to their lethality.”

He observed, “Laws regulating the sale of assault weapons are unlikely to have a large impact on homicide rates, because these weapons are used in only a very small proportion of homicides. The vast majority of firearm homicides in the United States are committed with handguns.”
The study Spiegel oversaw also shows researchers discovered “changes in household gun ownership were not found to be significantly associated with homicide or suicide rates.” This runs 180 degrees counter to the Left’s incessant claims that a gun in the house puts the homeowner at greater risk.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...nd-magazine-bans-do-not-lower-homicide-rates/
(EVERYONE ON THE LEFT....)

You quoted BREITBART!!!! That is an ULTRA RIGHT WING NUTJOB WEBSITE and ALL of it's information is WRONG!!!! You just CAN'T TRUST THEM!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DimpledLongChimneyswift-small.gif

Reactions: Redbeard U812
(EVERYONE ON THE LEFT....)

You quoted BREITBART!!!! That is an ULTRA RIGHT WING NUTJOB WEBSITE and ALL of it's information is WRONG!!!! You just CAN'T TRUST THEM!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DimpledLongChimneyswift-small.gif

Finally someone from the far reaches of Leftism to comment.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: walterjn
Are these supposed to state something obviously negative or did you just have a lot of time on your hands and it's all you could come up with?

OldTech, I believe he was defending himself. I poked a little fun at him. I understood his original posted video and comment. That is usually what happens to a libtard after seeing something from Breitbart News. Closely resembles R. Maddows implosion.

OldTech, I believe he was defending himself. I poked a little fun at him. I understood his original posted video and comment. That is usually what happens to a libtard after seeing something from Breitbart News. Closely resembles R. Maddows implosion.

Yea I'm fine I was by no means upset. I was just looking for clarification as to what he was trying to get across with that nonsense. That being said you could argue he at least he had three of the images in proper order I just never know what's going through an uneducated response like that so If I'm missing something, by all means, educate me, understanding the liberal thought process is not as simple as they often sound.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.