• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shure hand mics

H1driver

Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2011
Is anyone using any of the Shure handheld mics? Just looking for information/opinions on what model(s) to try. I have been seeing models like the 405, 414 and 577. I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Reactions: Eldorado828

Is anyone using any of the Shure handheld mics? Just looking for information/opinions on what model(s) to try. I have been seeing models like the 405, 414 and 577. I appreciate any input. Thanks.
I use a Shure 477 noise canceling mic that really works awesome instead of RK56 or Astatic’s NC. They were made for fighter pilots back in the day and work great for my setup as a dirty ole truckdriver. It matches up good with my 29 with echo board and loud talkback. Had to restack the reeds inside to work for 4 pin Cobra. Wasnt hard though.

I'm currently using an ancient Turner handmic that was supposedly based on a Shure, but the model is obscured and I have no idea what Shure model it was supposed to be based on.
Shure has a website and has all the discontinued mics and all info and pictures on them . There is hundreds of mics in their database

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.