• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sideband harmonics 7mhz away...wheres your test tone?

The RCI 2950 uses a 10.7 MHz. IF, so these spurs would have to be out a few more MHz. before we could suspect IF leakage here.

That may be a good story.
I know nothing about who taught him or what he was taught.

I see nothing out of him that was not done 20+ years ago.
The same thing, rinse and repeat.
That's why I call these guys "assemblers" - because it's the same thing over and over.
New cabinet, some paint, artwork with [my name here] BUILT and the same infighting that has existed for DECADES.

Then there is this nonsense that it takes them 6 months... A YEAR to assemble this thing with literally tens of parts to at best < 200?

Then you look at these amateur radio operators' projects where they design, prototype, and build a much cleaner and more robust amplifier using newer tech in a month IN THEIR SPARE TIME but these guys - who already have built the same thing over and over again - months to A YEAR?
And for some of them it's their primary source of income?

Come on. Assembling from kits bought from ica manufacturing is not hard.

Reactions: Robb
Well, its a nice video - see some good shoes and carpet of mauve, but then a Blue RF Wattmeter and no idea of the box(es) or radios or any of the equipment running it - just a guy rapping ... so...

... Great Big Empty ...

That's why I call these guys "assemblers" - because it's the same thing over and over.
New cabinet, some paint, artwork with [my name here] BUILT and the same infighting that has existed for DECADES.

Then there is this nonsense that it takes them 6 months... A YEAR to assemble this thing with literally tens of parts to at best < 200?

Then you look at these amateur radio operators' projects where they design, prototype, and build a much cleaner and more robust amplifier using newer tech in a month IN THEIR SPARE TIME but these guys - who already have built the same thing over and over again - months to A YEAR?

Very good point.

Well, its a nice video - see some good shoes and carpet of mauve, but then a Blue RF Wattmeter and no idea of the box(es) or radios or any of the equipment running it - just a guy rapping ... so...

... Great Big Empty ...

Listen to “bump it down” on YouTube and you’ll see what he’s talking on though most likely it’s grown and changed.

A 6 piece Yaesu, I died. The Jr version lives not to far from me. A few days ago my little girl (7) came to me with her Disney Princess walkie-talkies and you could hear “Jr” on them talking to someone on an unknown cb channel. He lives about 3 miles from me.

These are very cheap and very limited range toys I’m talking about. I imagine nobody in his neighborhood has cancer.

Probably not anyone near Prime’s house has it either. Maybe not even BBi.

Not knockin' ya' man. But the guy throws shade on everyone and we're left to guess and fit the pieces of the puzzle they left behind. It's SB 6 - can't touch that - nor do I want to - just would like to see some truth in the story not just a rhyme 'n reason rant.
I imagine nobody in his neighborhood has cancer.

Probably not anyone near Prime’s house has it either. Maybe not even BBi.

Man! That's scary stuff...

Maybe no Cancer, but Grand Mal seizures comes to mind...

I don't know if anyone caught the reference at the start of the vid, showing the slugs, but remember the issues of harmonics and they don't exist? 2~30MHz slug for 1kW, the other is a 500W slug for reflected - boy that's nice to know, I didn't see any clear writing on it so yeah, we trust that vid producer with our kids lives at the Bowling alley...Like we're supposed to understand that the station they're at is - just made out of shiny pinball parts.

Remind your kids when those "Talkies" act up - that there are people out there that don't care about anyone else but themselves. Putting themselves first. That's how they grew up. Your kids (anyones) - someday they will come across others that will try to take advantage of them, hurt them or even try to run them over - it sucks to have to be the father figure to tell your kids to watch out for them.

It's hard to process for anyone new to the way that world works.

Yes, this is why the discussion even comes up.

Kinda yeah; rinse and repeat.
But on the other hand, the internet has made what is known about CB - and what is being learned thru it - a vastly different scenario since I first picked up a CB mic.

If you look at the old CB Tricks Secret CB pages, it was all done by correspondence and all of that info was slow moving because of that reason. It was also taken as being all fact, since there were no others with different experience that could show a better way. Now with YouTube, the old ways are under a lot of scrutiny, and this can only lead to change. Not saying it was bad; but some of the methods and results left something to be desired in some instances.

For example, Mike's CB Repair's business is off the hook with so many people trying to get their radios right that he has to turn customers away. Some of his videos are instructions on how to do simple things for yourself so that he and other solid techs aren't overwhelmed. So there is evidence of change. One can only hope that said amp builder can latch onto the better stuff and phase out what is sadly lacking.
JMHO.

The guy that bleeds on Disney walkie talkies here goes by the name Big Man 47 Tango Charlie and there’s a few videos of him on YouTube. Sometimes, he comes across my dummy load in my shop while I’m working on radios. I can only imagine the people living closer to him hate his ass.

Same thing goes for Prime. But he’s probably up on a hill and the nearest neighbor is probably a long way off, hopefully.

Not all radiation is beneficial in the scheme of things. Some radiation will kill you out right and other types are low level and take there time to kill you.
If radiation is good for you then houses that have radon intrusion should fetch a higher price than one that does not.
Radon is as bad as smoking and is the reason that there are pockets of lung cancer among people that have never smoked.

I can only imagine. I bet it’s tough.

But I bet you can find lots of chicks that roll in a Honda and workout to tapes by Fonda.

Or it’s probably a pain to try to go to the flea market to buy your Louie and get mobbed by people. Can’t even go to the swap meet.

Or you just want some biscuits and can’t get them in peace. No matter how swass you look rolling up in an 18 wheeler with your freak. Named Shelly. Even though you’re the big boss.

Ok, I’m quitting. Sorry.

I was going to point out the meter not moving part but I have not seen him obscure things like some others do. His technical skills are lacking and a lot of what he is doing is ignorance on fire so I think it's more likely they made a nugget mistake and had the mic gain down or something.

Reactions: Handy Andy
Thank you.

I thought I was the only one that noticed.

I was going to point out the meter not moving part but I have not seen him obscure things like some others do. His technical skills are lacking and a lot of what he is doing is ignorance on fire so I think it's more likely they made a nugget mistake and had the mic gain down or something.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.