• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Silent Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff48356

Jun 23, 2013
On QRZ, when an amateur radio operator becomes a silent key, how does that information get sent to QRZ?

I might become a silent key myself soon. I have been having symptoms lately of any number of serious medical problems, and I refuse to go to the doctor to have any tests or treatment done.

On QRZ, when an amateur radio operator becomes a silent key, how does that information get sent to QRZ?

I might become a silent key myself soon. I have been having symptoms lately of any number of serious medical problems, and I refuse to go to the doctor to have any tests or treatment done.

QRZ is most likely notified by ham friends of the silent key.

Get off your rear and go see a doctor. Are you looking for someone to talk you into it? Most perceived symptoms are usually benign but why take a chance? Heck I pay too much for my medical insurance not to use it for annual physicals and when I have something weird happening...especially at my ripe age of 55.

Or you can just post your call sign and we'll watch for it to pop up on QRZ in the silent key section (y)

Reactions: 2 people
I concur with ratso. QRZ gets it's info from almost anybody that posts the info. I awoke one morning to find a notice from a guy on the west coast that a local friend of mine had passed away the night before. A bit of a shocker it was too.

As for your own health issues, you won't get any pity here, not that you are looking for it. Saddest thing to happen is when a person dies due to their own stubbornness about seeking medical advice. Most times things can be resolved if detected soon enough. My wife is a nurse and boy oh boy the number of cases I could tell you that fit the " I should have, I could have , but I didn't and wished I had" category.

Reactions: 1 person
I concur with ratso. QRZ gets it's info from almost anybody that posts the info. I awoke one morning to find a notice from a guy on the west coast that a local friend of mine had passed away the night before. A bit of a shocker it was too.

As for your own health issues, you won't get any pity here, not that you are looking for it. Saddest thing to happen is when a person dies due to their own stubbornness about seeking medical advice. Most times things can be resolved if detected soon enough. My wife is a nurse and boy oh boy the number of cases I could tell you that fit the " I should have, I could have , but I didn't and wished I had" category.

As a FF/Paramedic, I encountered many people that refused, ignored or denied. More than once, I would get called back minutes or hours later, only to find them DOA. Other times, the following shift would toss a blanket over their sorry ass.

Although the replies you have gotten here may seem harsh, they are all correct.
Life is way too short to just say f*%k it and die because you are too stubborn to go to the doctor........

:bdh:
This thread is closed.

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.