• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sir Mix-a-Lot a.k.a Prime Minister

While there probably won't be enough headroom to modulate that 40 KW carrier to 160 KW PEP, that is where it would want to be at 100% positive modulation. You really can't do that on a 200 amp service. In fact, 40 KW is the maximum power a 200 amp service can provide. Any increase with modulation or more carrier will take a 200 amp breaker down.

The next step at a 400 amp service doesn't really help much either since it's only a pair of 200 amp services with no ability to draw more than 200 on one circuit. Hence the large diesel generator capable of running the station at full power. If it were me, I think it would have been more cost effective to purchase two plate transformers to load both 200 amp panels equally and achieve full power.

I know of one N Ca station that does have a 400a service in a residential area specifically to support the station.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.