• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio 5000 mobile antenna wow !!

Old threads why, just gotta love em'!
Btw, my Sirio Performer 5000 installed in the exact same place as a Wilson 1000 put a full S unit better signal to a guy on a base 9 miles away and, I received him almost a full S unit as well with the Sirio 5000. We compared them both on my truck. I love the Sirio.

Reactions: RoadRanger
Old threads why, just gotta love em'!
Btw, my Sirio Performer 5000 installed in the exact same place as a Wilson 1000 put a full S unit better signal to a guy on a base 9 miles away and, I received him almost a full S unit as well with the Sirio 5000. We compared them both on my truck. I love the Sirio.
I've done some tests between the Sirio 4000, 5000, and President Texas (all were mag mt.) using a Cobra 138XLR and a President Lincoln II+ and the "3 Amigos" were close enough when transmitting/receiving to call 'em "even", other than the 2 different radios (138xlr for CB and the Lincoln II+ for 10m), they were on the same vehicle with the mag mt. dead center on the roof. I did the tests back in 2020/2021 before the Sunspot cycle had started, and all were local tests, 'cause skip being skip, you really can't get an fair and accurate test between the 3 antennas. My wife was the designated listener at home, and noted that while the S-units were the same (AM mode), both the Sirio 5000 and President Texas sounded louder than the 4000 (SSB). I asked her to double-check the S-meter several times until she said "that's enough testing for this weekend", and she took a couple pix of the meter readouts to show me they had the same S-Unit, but I couldn't tell if one seemed louder than the other from the short video clips she took (it may have been the hearing loss I have in one ear for not hearing anything different). I've had a Sirio Performer 2000 on the mag mt. since the first of the year and eventually, when the testing ordeal has dissipated a bit more from my wife's memory I'll try and pit the Performer 2000, Sirio 4000, 5000, and President Texas against each other and see what happens, using some different testing techniques (admittedly those first tests could/should have had more options, etc. but it was a slow weekend day, I think Sunday, and it was just a spur of the moment kinda thing). Thinking a little more about it, I may get one or both of my sons to help out (if their wives give 'em the "Thumbs up").

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.