1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Sirio opinions

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by Blackcat630, Oct 3, 2019.

1. L2

L2 Well-Known Member

I have three buddies that run Gainmasters. They are very happy with theirs. I'm on my second Imax. First one was brought down by Hurricane Sandy. It works for me.

Blackcat630 likes this.

2. Unit 75

Unit 75 Sweet Home Alabama

I used to run a IMAX 2000. It was a really good performer for me. Only issue I had was that after being up in the Alabama heat for 3 years, the fiberglass started to crack and come apart. I'm getting too old to be climbing up and down the tower now. That is why I switched to an aluminum antenna. I really liked how the SHOCKWAVE was built and figured, just like the pamphlet said, "The last ground plane antenna you will ever need to buy" I know it is a bit pricey compared to some other ground plane antennas but what I do suggest is that you get you an aluminum antenna of YOUR choice and stay away from the fiberglass ones unless you like climbing :)

3. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

I hope you are not talking about me, that is what these forums are all about is information sharing. There are topics , that always pop up that I thought was put to bed a very long time ago and yet they keep popping up. No body searches to see if it has been solved.

4. Highway Man

Highway Man Active Member

Mr Coily 64

5. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

That's why I love this place. When people comment, I take into consideration where they are coming from. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Marconi and Tallman like this.
  6. Tallman

And what is that crack suppose to mean? Just playing!!!

7. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Have you ever heard the saying " can't choose your family" here we are! Haha!

Woody-202, Slowmover and Tallman like this.
  8. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

That’s perfect.

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  9. Mudduckmobile

Mudduckmobile Well-Known Member

2016 on a 32ft pole worx real good wet, dry, hot,cold.

Blackcat630 likes this.
  10. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Tman not directed toward you. As fate would have it... I just spent a couple hours on the side of my buddies tower putting up new (used) stuff and taking down some really used stuff and ended up with another IMAX.. go figure. Guess you cant beat free. Still might try out a sirio flavor come spring time.. time will tell...

Tallman likes this.
  11. Tallman

Most of the free stuff I get ends up recycled!

S&W357 and Blackcat630 like this.