• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sirio vector 4000 antenna question???

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
I bought a old sirio vector 4000 i had sold to a friend about 4 years ago, and the issue i am having is after i put it up my dang swr is a 3.5 on channel 40 so what is the length suppose to be on the top stinger for a good match on 27.405mhz??? also what measuremet should the gamma rod be at??

Thanks,Dan

I bought a old sirio vector 4000 i had sold to a friend about 4 years ago, and the issue i am having is after i put it up my dang swr is a 3.5 on channel 40 so what is the length suppose to be on the top stinger for a good match on 27.405mhz??? also what measuremet should the gamma rod be at??

Thanks,Dan

24, Bob85 should be able to help you with this one. To me, it sounds like a construction error and I'm not real sure it is all in the length of the radiator, because I believe Bob85 gets his tuned at lengths from 27' to 30'+ with good SWR. That is pretty high SWR for an antenna that is made for 11 meters---assuming your construction is what the book says.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.