• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Skipper 3==

Matt Dillon

Mar 24, 2011
Stockton, Utah
I scored an old Skipper 300 last week. It seems to work just fine except when I first powered it up the fan was very hard to turn and wouldn't run on it's own. I spun it by hand for a few minutes and it finally started working. Is there any way to lube the fan shaft or am I better off to just leave it alone now that it's running? Any ideas?:blush:

Is it an open frame fan motor? If it is, take it apart and clean it. Make sure that the shaft bores are aligned so the shaft can spin free when putting it back together.

PB Blaster works great, it removes some corrosion and really lubes the bearings, shafts up, I use it on everything from band switches to outboard motors.

It is conductive so need to use compressed air to clean out any motor shaft after lubing it,

CRC350 also works well but not as good as Pb Blaster

Last edited:
Your welcome.

Keep the drive down going into that old Skipper and hopefully the tubes will last you a long time, AM is hard on tubes so if you like AM make sure you have a lower dead key and not to much drive to prolong the life of those old tube amps.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.